Chevy SS Forum banner
621 - 640 of 652 Posts

She’s alive! Drives ok, won’t be tooling around until it’s properly tuned though. It was nice to be back in seat again….[emoji41]
So much badassery in this pic. Curious to see what your IAT's are with the 2650 and the chiller setup... Glad to see you back in the saddle!!

Discussion starter · #622 ·
So much badassery in this pic. Curious to see what your IAT's are with the 2650 and the chiller setup... Glad to see you back in the saddle!!
Me too. I still hafta install the bypass valve for the hx. If last year is any indication, it’s about the same as before. It would hover around the 50s when it was right, but there was no hx and if the AC was off for any reason, I had no cooling at all and things would get quite hot in a hurry. At least with the hx it would be around 10 above ambient.

Fingers crossed

Discussion starter · #625 ·
Hey brother. I've been watching your build for years. I don't get on here as often anymore but this is one of the first threads that I checked when I did. How are you?
I’m better than I was the past few months…still trying to regain my strength and still have months of treatment to go, but the worst is behind me - thanks for asking![emoji41]

Discussion starter · #626 ·
Glad you are out of the woods, Fedge. MD Anderson was instrumental in my cancer treatment 3 years ago--so far, so good!
Glad to hear it and here’s to hoping it stays that way! [emoji482]

Reactions: JayJ and ESindon
Discussion starter · #627 ·
So next up with the car, besides a tune, are welding in cats on the set of connection pipes I bought (hey Fedge, why didn’t you just buy them with cats? They don’t fit the 2” headers), making an axle back with Borla ProXS mufflers and stainless pipe and installing a PNP hx bypass valve for my PNP chiller.

Hope it all works out!

So next up with the car, besides a tune, are welding in cats on the set of connection pipes I bought (hey Fedge, why didn’t you just buy them with cats? They don’t fit the 2” headers), making an axle back with Borla ProXS mufflers and stainless pipe and installing a PNP hx bypass valve for my PNP chiller.

Hope it all works out!
are you putting a front mount HX back in? Is that so you don't have to run the AC all the time?

Discussion starter · #629 ·
are you putting a front mount HX back in? Is that so you don't have to run the AC all the time?
Yes the front mount is back in. I put it in last winter, mainly because the computer turns off the AC for a myriad of reasons. I rented the GM software last year and discovered that

Reactions: a6d9cmro
Wow, didn’t know that. I actually put mine at 70* during the winter and no real change in any of my temps…

Discussion starter · #631 ·
Wow, didn’t know that. I actually put mine at 70* during the winter and no real change in any of my temps…
Same here, but I found out when those IATs went nuts lol

Reactions: a6d9cmro
Discussion starter · #632 ·
AcC is still acting funky. Not coming on at all it seems. IATs are stupid - I know part of that is the removal of the air box. I’m gonna put that back lol. Right now I’m doing a little remote tuning before it goes to the dyno - trying to get type MAF dialed in now that I have specific data for my injectors.

AcC is still acting funky. Not coming on at all it seems. IATs are stupid - I know part of that is the removal of the air box. I’m gonna put that back lol. Right now I’m doing a little remote tuning before it goes to the dyno - trying to get type MAF dialed in now that I have specific data for my injectors.
Did you charge the AC or did you have the dealer do it? Reason I ask is I had taken mine to a shop, but the pressures were off. So, I took it to a buddy’s Cadillac dealership and let a very trusted tech look at it. It took them a while to get the pressures correct and balanced like they should be. Plus, we put a little more Freon than Phil had specified, as the machine indicated the SS AC system could handle it.

That being said, my IATs are about 70* above #8 all the time…

Discussion starter · #634 ·
I got the GDS2 access and it’s what I though, the computer is pissed off and won’t let the clutch engage. The log says engine speed unstable on the AC clutch disengage history.

We’ll see what happens after the tune gets cleaned up.

Discussion starter · #636 ·
Car is on the dyno, trying to fix the compressor. Have a new clutch on the way, working on getting the old one off. I have sooooo much stuff in the way lol.

Discussion starter · #637 ·
Update or sorts: compressor was fixed and we started doing steady state tuning. Ran into a new problem: KR under load and low boost. Seeing as much as 12* on 93 octane at around 14psi, 5-6 at 4psi. (.70ish lambda)

Going to fashion a pointer to confirm timing. After that, going to explore the possibility of air getting into the fuel from the aux pump when the level is lower than the intake.

We’ll see.

Discussion starter · #639 ·
IATs were in the 60s/70s for the most part. Research suggests the cam I had may be the issue. I swapped the cam over the weekend, so fingers are crossed.

Discussion starter · #640 ·
Ok, so since the cam swap, we’ve finally been able to start steady state tuning again. So far, on 93 octane at around 10psi boost, there hasn’t been a hint of KR. I am pleased. Moving forward instead of backwards makes me warm and squishy [emoji41]

621 - 640 of 652 Posts