Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was at holden today saw this weird looking thing on the ZB commodore sunroof ,it is a mesh looking bug screen it looks so funny sticking up in the air so took some photo.s that do you guys think have you seen anything like this before on a sunroof ????

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
I actually have seen something like that over here in the states but I can’t recall on what...I feel like it was a German import of some type.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have seen that here in the states. I have a 2018 Chevrolet Traverse that has a mesh screen that pops up when you open the sunroof. Not sure of the purpose and haven't cared to look into what it is for since I rarely use the sunroof (it was part of the options package that the wife liked).

·
Registered
763 Posts
i had it on a couple of my cars,

its used to deflect the wind to reduce the buffeting while driving at various speed. works great actually !

·
Registered
174 Posts
Pretty sure my '12 Regal GS had it... which is actually what that new Holden is today here in the US. It's for air buffeting and def caught the bugs!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Spoiler to decrease wind buffeting. It will catch the bugs too.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
The pop-up mesh screen has been around several years. We have it on our 2014 Jeep GC and I believe they appeared years before.

The mesh screen does its job at catching bugs but the dead bugs are a PITA to clean!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I thought most sunroofs have had these for the last 10 years

Heck, my Supra has one, so it's been around a lot longer than that, haha. Mine is a nice stainless piece though, not mesh.

Man, after seeing that ZB, I'm tempted to pick up a TourX wagon here and do the Holden badge swap on that too to really confuse people... TourXs are like our SSs and unloved and unsupported by GM, and can be had for huge discounts. Pick up a really nice one for $22k-$25k new.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Man, after seeing that ZB, I'm tempted to pick up a TourX wagon here and do the Holden badge swap on that too to really confuse people... TourXs are like our SSs and unloved and unsupported by GM, and can be had for huge discounts. Pick up a really nice one for $22k-$25k new.
Too bad the TourX is 2-pedals only...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, that is a sharp looking car! Not sure if it bbn is the ankle or what, but it looks a lit better than I thought it would.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
I had it on my 2013 Bug, and it does reduce the wind buffeting at speed. I reached up and pulled it down to verify it's effectiveness.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all the comments on the sun roof attachment we have never seen anything like that on any cars here in australia so it is a first for me ,yes it is noisy when the sun roof is opened going down the highway at 100 km, don't have mine open that much for that reason ,but is nice when you have warm summer nights and you are out for a cruise ........

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heck, my Supra has one, so it's been around a lot longer than that, haha. Mine is a nice stainless piece though, not mesh.

you guys have them in the states they are a buick regal

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sort of. The 12 isn't what the new ZB is, but the prior gen

Fun car with the 2.0T
Correct, I was just referring to what Buick currently calls the "Regal" in the US market. My '12 was based on the Opel Insignia. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts