Chevy SS Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
odd you run the same offset front and rear. id rather be closer to the caliper in front and back then the same
I do not know why Jon at Best Wheel Deals said what he said about the offsets but I have these very same wheels and the offsets are as follows: front ET +35 and rear ET +54.

·
Supporting Vendor
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I do not know why Jon at Best Wheel Deals said what he said about the offsets but I have these very same wheels and the offsets are as follows: front ET +35 and rear ET +54.
C'mon guys. Front offset +54? Really? I'm confirming both [Front and Rear] of our custom machined Z28 wheels will clear over V brakes. Isn't this the bottom line?

·
Supporting Vendor
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Just got my new wheels on. Big thanks to Jon at best wheels for great communication and a very timely delivery.

The OEM Holden center caps do fit and lock in nicely. They just are a bit thicker so they sit about 1/16th above the lip of the center cap.

Big Thanks to you as well. Car looks amazing. If possible, post or send more pics. And great info on the caps!

Reactions: Yoo Shin

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
If anyone has a spare set or old set of caps for these they would like to sell please let me know

·
Registered
592 Posts
Matt black installed finally on wifes ssb today were christmas present, went with 295 rear as my 305 once in a while rub the inner fender liner, seems the bead protector bulges out more on the 295 vs 305 so didnt gain anything going down a size. Just touch installing but when set on ground they just clear, went for a ride and doesn't appear to be touching but time will tell. They do look great though!

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Matt black installed finally on wifes ssb today were christmas present, went with 295 rear as my 305 once in a while rub the inner fender liner, seems the bead protector bulges out more on the 295 vs 305 so didnt gain anything going down a size. Just touch installing but when set on ground they just clear, went for a ride and doesn't appear to be touching but time will tell. They do look great though!
Both cars look great. Thanks for info on 295 vs 305. I was wondering if the bulge was normal and my 295 do rub slightly. Will go with 305s in future if no real difference in rub and look better.

·
Supporting Vendor
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Wait. How long has it been?

Reactions: Kevin0311
141 - 149 of 149 Posts