Chevy SS Forum banner

Yay New rims & tires!

7K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  iratollah 
#1 · (Edited)
Latest addition to the SS! No center caps yet, deciding on Holden or HSV 60mm caps black or red.

Liquid Metal: Splice 18x9's squared stance wrapped in 275/40/18's. No spacers no rubbing lock to lock, Offset is Edit: originally listed +40, the actual offset listed by mfg is +42 for these wheels.

Sorry for the blury pictures, didn't seem that blury on my phone. I'll replace them with clearer images later. :D

See less See more
#3 ·
How much time you got on them? Like the 18" over the 19"?

#6 ·
Love the wheels! Everyone's got an opinion, so mine would be black center caps. I think the red would detract from the beauty of the wheels.

#8 ·
Wow! thanks for all the questions and support everyone!
@Yoo Shin Daytime pictures are top priority for tomorrow or the day after (have a bunch of errands) as far as I know, it's stock ride height, I am the 2nd owner (found her at a Nissan dealership in Huntington beach back in 2017)
@Slizzo not much so far, been working all week. I think about an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours of total drive time. Definitely preferring the 18" over the 19" so far, the ride is night and day by comparison. even my girlfriend noticed the difference, still super stable in corners (maybe even a bit moreso) while having a smoother more comfortable ride. I am also super stoked for the square stance, I can rotate my tires and get a proper spare! 😆
@4033 Not sure yet, I see what the others are saying, but once I add brembo's to the rear, they may end up red so.... dunno yet 😆
@KingKoopa Top of the list I promise! and thank you :D
@SSSteve176M I didn't think of that... I may need to reconsider my red brembo caliper plans.
@16HeronSS hmmm i'll keep it in mind.

I will have pics up as soon as possible! i was hoping to take them today but the day started off with rain and didn't stop until I was knee deep in work for my employer. Thank all of you so much for your ideas and support! :D

#9 ·
I'll show the three centercaps I'm considering. since the center area is not the same as OE I can't purchase any of the centercaps meant for VF and VFII factory rims but instead focus on VE style or universal 60mm caps.

- Plain Ol' Holden: (oddly, the most expensive of the 3 sets... 174 for four of them.

- HSV Red & Black (30ish)

- HSV Black/Chrome (30 ish)

#11 ·
Black and chrome either one. Not the red. Only if you had the red calipers. Keep searching eBay for the Holden ones. You’ll find them way cheaper. I think I found them for 100 shipped

#13 ·
I respectfully disagree and would look for red. The red is just enough of a touch . I have a white one too here are some pics....sorry they are iPhone pics and not the best

Attachments

#15 ·
My garden hose at work right now...

#17 ·
Guys, i'm dying here. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

as for @4033 I love the way those look on the stock rims. So far tho the only ones i've found in red for the 60mm non vf caps have been the cheap (probably repro) HSV 60mm centercaps. dunno if they will give quite the same luster as your smexy VF style Red Holden caps 😁

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.