Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to the forum.
Been shopping around for an SS, can't seem to find the right deal.
Looking for an M6, not too picky on the color just don't want red. Hoping for under 60k miles. Stock or lightly modded. Trying to stay under 35k, located in MA but will travel for the right car/deal. May even consider an auto if it's a very good deal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome, Cap'n.

That's a really good deal you're looking for. Have you considered the car SiscoC has for sale here a few posts below yours?

Anyway, good luck with your search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, Cap'n.

That's a really good deal you're looking for. Have you considered the car SiscoC has for sale here a few posts below yours?

Anyway, good luck with your search.
I did see that one, scrolled through everything posted in the past year on here. I know it's a long shot but was hoping the post might bring something out of the woodwork that hasn't yet been posted. There are however, a few on here that I'm interested in!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2015 Manual with no roof and no spare
147 Posts
Welcome to the SS community pirate. I don’t want to be a downer but in the current marketing think you’re stretching with those criteria. I think another $2.5k-$3k is (with patience and money ready) going to get you what you’re after. Particularly in an M6. I think you may find an auto for that price but it’s likely to be near or over the 60k miles that you posted. The best of luck to you with your search!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the SS community pirate. I don’t want to be a downer but in the current marketing think you’re stretching with those criteria. I think another $2.5k-$3k is (with patience and money ready) going to get you what you’re after. Particularly in an M6. I think you may find an auto for that price but it’s likely to be near or over the 60k miles that you posted. The best of luck to you with your search!
Thank you! The 60k miles and 35k m6 is what I'm ideally looking for, however I'm open to other options within reason of course. I think you're pretty spot on with your pricing, however I'm still gonna hope for the best!

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Where in MA are you located? Not many SS’s in MA. I’m in Norwell south of Boston

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where in MA are you located? Not many SS’s in MA. I’m in Norwell south of Boston
I live in Mashpee, down in the Cape. Funny you say that though, as my neighbor a major corvette enthusiast, just got his wife an SS, and there's one with a Holden conversion in the neighborhood across from mine!

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Thank you! The 60k miles and 35k m6 is what I'm ideally looking for, however I'm open to other options within reason of course. I think you're pretty spot on with your pricing, however I'm still gonna hope for the best!
Welcome to the forum @pirate . Flip those numbers around and you'll get a pristine SS with enough left over to force some air down it's throat and buy it some new shoes.

Reactions: Buffaloheron15

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
$00.053? Sounds good to me! If only it were that easy!
Nice! Unfortunately I was referring to swapping the mileage(K) with the price(K). I would guess that you'll land somewhere between the two groups. Just make sure that the scrutiny goes up as the price goes down. (y)

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I live in Mashpee, down in the Cape. Funny you say that though, as my neighbor a major corvette enthusiast, just got his wife an SS, and there's one with a Holden conversion in the neighborhood across from mine!
That's pretty good you have two in your neighborhood. Good luck with your search.

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I've got an Alchemy Purple manual (one of 14 made) with nearly 120,000 miles and years of being treated like a used minivan, complete with totally sandblasted and scarred paint. Once I correct it as best as possible, cut, polish, touch up, clean and do a grand of 100K service work, I'll probably ask 35K.

The used car market is just psychotic right now. I bought a 2013 Honda Odyssey Touring with 125K on the clock for 13 grand cash last month. Was a little taken aback at the "friend" price they offered me (it was close to Autotrader asking price), but hey it was a clean one with the 6AT in it.

Yesterday, comparable vans are selling for about 1500 more than they were 4 weeks ago. A guy sold a 2017 white auto Chevy SS with less than 10K on it recently for thousands more than list price new 4 years ago.

So best of luck to you. It's getting crazy out there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I went to get cash out of the bank for a car and the bank teller said “wow you’re lucky to find one!” Little did she know it was an 03 xterra with almost 204k on it

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
A guy sold a 2017 white auto Chevy SS with less than 10K on it recently for thousands more than list price new 4 years ago.
The guy selling the White SS in Milford MA posted it for sale for $53,000 and a couple days later said it was sold. Then I see it pop up at a local dealership for $52,000. Either way if he bought it at the 20% off, he definitely made money, but I’ll guess he didn’t get $53,000 for it.

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I'm in MA and would be open to crazy offers. 35,000 miles RHII manual. Whipple with all the goodies. Synergy 4.5" intake, LS7 MAF, Synergy auxilary resorvoir, McLeod Clutch installed 6,000 miles ago. ARH 2" headers. Tuned at SMG making 625whp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in MA and would be open to crazy offers. 35,000 miles RHII manual. Whipple with all the goodies. Synergy 4.5" intake, LS7 MAF, Synergy auxilary resorvoir, McLeod Clutch installed 6,000 miles ago. ARH 2" headers. Tuned at SMG making 625whp.
Is this a Red Hot paint code?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts