Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
@dbach883- Love the "anyone know what a kidney goes for these days?"
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on a lightly used Hyundai Equus, so no 2nd SS for me.
Good news? '16 SIM SS goes into part-time storage and mileage stays low, and I get to drive a stunning luxury barge.
Bad news? "No 2nd SS for me". Sigh...

·
Registered
803 Posts
As a fellow PBM owner, I will be paying close attention to this one. No intentions of selling but curious as to what the market is.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We're into the final 24 hours if you are following along with the auction.

Reactions: 22c8zo6

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
THIS just shows how insane some people are over these. People want what they want, even though it is a lot of money [in some aspects] for a higher mile car.

I was really tempted to buy the used local blue one that someone traded in last year [or a dealer bought at auction with the shredded wheels, who knows]. It was an automatic but I don't need an M6 anymore. If I was smarter from the start, I'd have just bought the new blue one the dealer had by my work they couldn't give away, apparently.

Great color. Will be watching for fun.

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

·
Super Moderator
3,565 Posts
$39.250.00

Not too shabby!!

I thought for sure it would bring a hair over $40K,,, but,,, not too shabby!!!

I hope you dont injure yourself too badly @yankees25 ,,, now that the self flagellation will begin,,, after you watch it disappear over the horizon line!!!!

ES

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The saving grace is the other bidder at the end was in my town, so it would have been like seeing your ex parading around on the arm of another guy. But yes, very happy with it, and hope that the buyer finds his way to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
Congrats @yankees25 ! Not bad, got six years and 82K outa the SS, almost pulling in what you paid for it. Awesome. (y)

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
@yankees25 , you are always welcome here, and we look forward to hearing about the next chapter in your automotive journey.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If only I had the 20% off sale too. I was 2 months too soon on that one.

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not a bad outcome. I too would have guessed over $40k with the manual.
Offers on my 2016 auto with just under 24k miles have been $44k. So one reason I was thinking just over $40 for yours.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think that was “well bought” in the current climate, I mean you didn’t get crushed but I thought it would be a bigger number.

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
I think @yankees25 did pretty well. He posted it here, on the unofficial home to the SS, at $37K, and many like me thought it would disappear quickly, and were mistaken. He put it on Cars and Bids, I believe during the free listing thing they had going, and sold it for a couple grand more than he asked for it here. I think the sale price reflected the mileage more than anything else. The car presented well, was extremely well documented, and was painstakingly cared for. There is quite a difference between a 5 year old car with 24K on the clock and a 6 year old car with 82.6K on the clock. You have to wonder what a $44K 2016 will be worth next year if you put almost 60,000 miles on it this year...
Well played @yankees25 , well played. $2250.00 more than you wanted for the car, and the buyer pays the fees. (y)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You have to wonder what a $44K 2016 will be worth next year if you put almost 60,000 miles on it this year...
If I had to guess, it'll be worth even more until about late August of next year. That's if the thing that's driving the spike in used car sales is hyperinflation and economic bubbles like I think it is. Does this remind anyone else of the 1980's when the rich all invested in exotic cars that the crash of 1986 rendered basically worthless overnight?

Now, if the bubble is being driven by scarcity and need for mobility, our cars, being low-maintenance, practical sedans will endure in value even if the exotic market tanks again.

But look at YouTube car dealer channels right now. We're still living in interesting and uncertain times.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hopefully this is a floor, and the values only go up. The supply of well cared for SS's will only go down in what is a limited pool of cars to begin with, especially as more and more 'driver SS's' hit 100K miles. I'm happy the buyer of mine is going to continue to daily it. Hope he reports back that he's hit 200K miles on it with plans for 100K more.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I've got 117K on mine. Who has more miles than me? Anyone?

·
Registered
302 Posts
How has it held up? Recently gave the interior of mine a decent clean. Wife’s daily and we have 2 young kids.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
How has it held up? Recently gave the interior of mine a decent clean. Wife’s daily and we have 2 young kids.
Rear MagRide shocks are shot and being replaced. Exterior paint is all but destroyed. I've lost count the amount of times I've been rear ended, but it's at least 3. Oh, and the steering wheel is pretty worn. Otherwise it runs just as good as it did when new.

But in terms of kids, the rear seat leather is really strong in terms of crumbs and kids.

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
Rear MagRide shocks are shot and being replaced. Exterior paint is all but destroyed. I've lost count the amount of times I've been rear ended, but it's at least 3. Oh, and the steering wheel is pretty worn. Otherwise it runs just as good as it did when new.

But in terms of kids, the rear seat leather is really strong in terms of crumbs and kids.
And manual steering wheels are cheap. ;)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts