Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Last year I got the Goodyear wipers. I've never described a wiper as "massive" but these are. They seem inches taller than the last ones. This year I really need something that sits lower than these for my own sanity. These feel like warts on the windshield.

Anyone have an recommendations of wipers that sit pretty low? Anyone even have this issue or even thought of it?
Huge.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
OEM is fine. They are cheap too, normally have to order the short one though.

Reactions: 1badman08

·
Registered
Chevrolet SS Sedan from 2015,automatic Transmission , LS3 6.2L Engine
6 Posts
When the rubber degrade over time-> Gentle sanding also helps.

A non-permanent, but effective variant is sanding the wiper blades. To do this, use fine sandpaper from the store (grain size> 600)

PS: sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,125 Posts
Go with the OEM replacements which you can easily get from your Chevrolet Dealership like @16PB6MT said. When you wash your car, or whenever, put some windshield washer fluid on a rag and clean the blades. They last longer that way.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I expect that as long as they were stored in a dark place at room temp they would last well over a decade. I've got some that are at least a dozen years old and still look just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I use Trico Onyx. They are great. I get them at my local Advance Auto store and I wait for a sale because they are expensive. But they don’t lift on the highway and they are good for the winters we have here in NJ.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Trico, #16-2613 for 26", 16-1515 for the 15".

CB750 may know for certain but if memory serves Trico is the OE mfg for GM.

·
Premium Member
14,828 Posts
Trico, #16-2613 for 26", 16-1515 for the 15".

CB750 may know for certain but if memory serves Trico is the OE mfg for GM.
No.

I gotta think on it but maybe Denso.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My passenger side wiper chatters. Replacing it does not help. Seems like it does not flip? Any recommendations? Just been running the OEs. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
My passenger side wiper chatters. Replacing it does not help. Seems like it does not flip? Any recommendations? Just been running the OEs. Thanks.
Did you seal your window or use anything on it lately? This at times will cause this.

Reactions: CB750

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,163 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,828 Posts
The arm could be damaged.

How old is the balde? Not when you bought it; but when it was manufactured. Any old blade will chatter as the insert drys out and looses it's elacticity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts