Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new winshield and the shops said that it need a calibration, what calibration does it need ??? they want 400 extra bucks for that ...any opinions , thanks

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Whom want 400 for a 10 min calibration?? call safelight or another glass shop.

· Premium Member
3,979 Posts
That's steep. I quoted one from Safelite and they priced calibration at 1 or 2 hundred about a year ago.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
behind the rear view mirror, rain sensing wipers and camera located there.
that price is ridiculous, call around even gm dealer. complete glass replacement was 800 ish i believe a few years ago including calibration.

Reactions: DRN94

· Registered
1,055 Posts
$975 using my zip code to replace and calibrate on safelight website
  • New replacement windshield
  • Expert installation and recalibration
  • Nationwide lifetime warranty
New wiper blades are not included with Economy service. Failure to replace worn wipers may damage your new glass.

OEM glass is $580 ish

so 400 for install and calibration, non oem glass probably a bit cheaper and if don't have glass coverage (insurance) covering the cost of all this you should ask them if they are able to cut you a better deal paying cash/cc. Let the ins co pay full price, out of customer pocket bet they can knock off some money.

· Registered
2,831 Posts
The camera calibration is not a must IMO, car works fine without it. It’s only for the Nannie’s (lane departure warning, collision warning). But if you need those, get it calibrated… ;-)

Ps - It didn’t get recalibrated when my windshield was last replaced (they have to drive the car and it was raining so Safelite didn’t want to do it then) and the systems work as they did before. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The camera calibration is not a must IMO, car works fine without it. It’s only for the Nannie’s (lane departure warning, collision warning). But if you need those, get it calibrated… ;-)

Ps - It didn’t get recalibrated when my windshield was last replaced (they have to drive the car and it was raining so Safelite didn’t want to do it then) and the systems work as they did before. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I can do it with my scanner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts