Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any forum members that are planning to attend the first Wichita Cars & Coffee for the 2018 season on Saturday, March 17th? I plan to be there with my HW ‘15. My son saw on Facebook that there may be a couple of Caprice PPVs there as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know I am two months late. I am in Wichita and frequently attend Wichita C&C. I have a 17 Heron SS and often times my cousin comes with me (17 Orange Blast Metallic SS). There are some others who attend as well but no one I have gotten to know. Looking forward to seeing you at May's C&C!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Let me know as well when / where these are and I will try to make one as well.
Wichita Cars and Coffee is usually every 3rd Saturday of the month in the morning from 8am - 11am at the Alley on 13th & Greenwich. There's also a Facebook group/page for Wichita Cars and Coffee, it is usually the best way to keep up with date/time/changes/etc.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Are there any forum members that are planning to attend the first Wichita Cars & Coffee for the 2018 season on Saturday, March 17th? I plan to be there with my HW ‘15. My son saw on Facebook that there may be a couple of Caprice PPVs there as well.
Wow! Didn't even know there was a Wichita meeting going on! Third Saturday for May is the 19th, I will certainly try to make it! I don't do Facebook but now that I know, I'm good! What a bitch my headers will not be on by then!

·
Super Moderator
2,120 Posts
Wow! Didn't even know there was a Wichita meeting going on! Third Saturday for May is the 19th, I will certainly try to make it! I don't do Facebook but now that I know, I'm good! What a bitch my headers will not be on by then!
Saw your sig that you had a 64 Goat... God someday I want one. Think its the best of the GTO cars. Wanna stuff a 421 in one with almost period correct dual quad intake so I too could be without traction. Wichita isn't too much of a stretch if the coffee is really good.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Over on the state FB page, we are trying to get something organized. It doesn't help when you have to drive 100 miles to go anywhere. But at least it's not California.....

One of the members owns a BBQ joint in Wichita. I'll drive down for a good plate of dead pig.

Wiseman - drag some of those Sooners up here! You'll fine that our roads are much nicer than yours! :smile

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Over on the state FB page, we are trying to get something organized. It doesn't help when you have to drive 100 miles to go anywhere. But at least it's not California.....[/COLOR][/COLOR]

One of the members owns a BBQ joint in Wichita. I'll drive down for a good plate of dead pig.

Wiseman - drag some of those Sooners up here! You'll fine that our roads are much nicer than yours! :smile
I was born and raised in Wichita and now live in Northern California. You can't beat the weather year round.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to see the interest in some forum members to attend the May Wichita C & C this Saturday. I plan to be there around 8:00 AM in my '15 Heron White again.

ajesri, I'm fairly sure that we met at the cold March C & C. You in your '17 Heron White and your cousin with the '17 OBM parked on either side of me. I first met your cousin last year when he had his '17 OBM parked at the entrance to where he was working on E. Kellogg. It was a really sunny day, so there was no way of missing that OBM color. I was driving a rental, but had to stop to see who owned the OBM.

If there is enough interest with the SS, Caprice PPV, GTO and G8 owners that attend Wichita C & C we can request that one of the events features the cars made by Holden. The last couple of events have featured Mopar and BMW. I think that it would be unique to feature Holden one of these months.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm out of town this weekend and next couple of months likely will be though with kids baseball and softball tourneys. I will bring both Holdens if they do a Holden specific event and I'm not triple booked with kids items.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately I will not be at the June C & C and will miss meeting up with the SS/PPV/G8/GTO guys and gals. I’m in India on business and only arrive back in Wichita during the afternoon of C & C.

It will be really good to get back behind the wheel of the SS as I am really getting tired of riding in Maruti Suzukis, Tata Indigo/Indicas and other tin cans.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am planning an event Sunday July 29th in Topeka. If I haven't already reached out to you either on FB or on here and you are interested, PM me for details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts