Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put my 2017 SS up for sale and when I did, I used the KBB pricing guide. Here is what it showed for my car and mileage (<16K).

Font Terrestrial plant Circle Logo Brand

Based on that, I listed it on Auto Trader for $52K. Well after the add posted, the KBB pricing guide with the online ad showed this:

Font Circle Event Logo Advertising

So now, it shows that I am asking too much and that $51K is the ceiling. So from there, I went to NADA to see what they showed and here it is:

Product Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot

It is even worse because it shows that the ceiling is just $49K. Between the 3 of them, there is a $6K price gap. I can't tell you the last time I sold a car on my own so I guess I don't really know how to read these values and how they should be interpreted. What I am looking for is what the actual market value is for the car. I'd appreciate any advice or insight about these numbers. Thanks.

Reactions: Brass

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
KBB is owned by the Cox Automotive group, which also owns Autotrader and Dealer.com among others. I think they have a vested interest in listing higher car values. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Something is worth what another is willing to pay.

A clean and well cared for Chevy SS with low miles is quite rare. 6 MT even more so.

YMMV

Reactions: stage1scott

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've noticed this before too. Right now the difference between 2016 and 2017 is pretty big as well.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Reactions: HoldenOn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts