Chevy SS Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
The manual transmission days are numbered in passenger vehicles. They probably will last a couple more generations in dedicated sport cars and bikes. Outside of my motorcycle, this is the first time I haven't had a manual in my garage. Over the years though, the price of replacement clutches have gone up and it's to the point where autos are faster and require less maintenance over time.

The SS was a true last of it's kind. Only chance at another one will be Dodge. I don't expect it, but Dodge has proven time and time again that they do what they want with the Hellcat series.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,666 Posts
Looking at selling the SS for something new, I've really enjoyed it and it was my first Chevy /(Holden). The biggest complaint I've had is I miss android auto, wife's car has it and every time I get in the SS feels like it's missing that one little tech upgrade to push it into feeling like the car for me. Sounds stupid but I spend 2 hours every day driving to and from work so that time adds up.

I am going to miss the sound of that 6.2.

I just hope this isn't going to be the last 4 door V8/RWD with a manual that you don't need a second mortgage to own new.
I know that I've spoken out against this before, but, I've tried this, and it's not bad...
I put my android phone on one of those mag mounts on the left center a/c vent. I got the android auto app and set it up on my phone, and set it to come on each time that I get into the car, it hooks up when the BT hooks up. I have the Gaxaxy 9s phone, so, it's bigger that the standard phone. You say "Hey Google" and it responds to voice commands, the nav voice comes through the sound system just like the factory nav. You can use google maps or waze. You can play your music from your phone via BT or Pandora and it works the same way in my wifes Caddy.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Looking at selling the SS for something new, I've really enjoyed it and it was my first Chevy /(Holden). The biggest complaint I've had is I miss android auto, wife's car has it and every time I get in the SS feels like it's missing that one little tech upgrade to push it into feeling like the car for me. Sounds stupid but I spend 2 hours every day driving to and from work so that time adds up.

I am going to miss the sound of that 6.2.

I just hope this isn't going to be the last 4 door V8/RWD with a manual that you don't need a second mortgage to own new.
Didn't take Raid long to come back, this is such a troll post. Selling an SS for lack of Android Auto....HAHAHHAHAA.....aaahhh.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
I know that I've spoken out against this before, but, I've tried this, and it's not bad...
I put my android phone on one of those mag mounts on the left center a/c vent. I got the android auto app and set it up on my phone, and set it to come on each time that I get into the car, it hooks up when the BT hooks up. I have the Gaxaxy 9s phone, so, it's bigger that the standard phone. You say "Hey Google" and it responds to voice commands, the nav voice comes through the sound system just like the factory nav. You can use google maps or waze. You can play your music from your phone via BT or Pandora and it works the same way in my wifes Caddy.
I got the S9+, Bixie & Google assistant ...
was thinking of doing what you did with a Galaxy Tab A and make it transferable on the cars ...

·
Premium Member
15,043 Posts
Didn't take Raid long to come back, this is such a troll post. Selling an SS for lack of Android Auto....HAHAHHAHAA.....aaahhh.
Not even smart enough to not say the same things without quoting his previous name posts that were deleted.

... and tries to be slick by saying he's from NC .... NOT !!!

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,131 Posts
Man that dude needs to get a life. Nothing better to do than play childish games on a car forum??? Pathetic.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,666 Posts
I got the S9+, Bixie & Google assistant ...
was thinking of doing what you did with a Galaxy Tab A and make it transferable on the cars ...

Android auto won't load onto the Galaxy tab, it says that it's "not compatable with this device". And, actually, the module for Android Auto/Apple Car Play is available for my Caddy for $1250.00, but it ain't that important to me or the wife(she has an iphone).:nerd

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Android auto won't load onto the Galaxy tab, it says that it's "not compatable with this device". And, actually, the module for Android Auto/Apple Car Play is available for my Caddy for $1250.00, but it ain't that important to me or the wife(she has an iphone).:nerd
My luck ...
Back to thinking of applying Velcro to car screen and sticking the Tab over it ...

Guys .. kidding .. geeezz ...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I saw the parts availability problems with friends that had a SSR and G8s, both of which were double the production of the SS. I was not going to risk it 6-8 years from now and was not going to have a parts car on my lawn next to my house. I might be wrong but I didn't want to be right either.
Got this out of the archives and thought I'd share something concerning that I discovered regarding GM parts availability. One of my dream projects has been to install a crate motor LSA into something (not sure what yet). Been looking at the huge uptick in inflation and figured that it was time to grab an engine before prices spiked even more. Searching all of the regular sources, I was shocked to find that the LSA engine furnished in the ZL-1 Camaro and the Gen V-2 Cadillac CTS-V has been discontinued! This has been a popular E-Rod LS swap for some time and I figured they'd keep cranking them out. Spent the best part of a week looking, and finally found what appears to be one of the last ones left available in the US. (If any of you have better info on this, please do chime in.)
I realize that this is NOT an LS-3; I hope that they will be in good supply for the foreseeable future, but as an older engine platform, it sure makes me wonder what lies ahead for us. "Parts car on the lawn next to my house?"

·
Registered
Fixing My Own "SS"
78 Posts
One of the reasons I bought my SS over an ATS-V sedan is the driveline. If I split the motor down the middle, I can order a pull-out from ebay and have it swapped in a weekend (or a built motor from any number of competent companies). I'm not at all worried about the parts for the driveline. The rest of the car, though, concerns me. A fender bender could total the car due to the dearth of replacement parts.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Scoggins-Dickey., Pace Performance all show as discontinued. Hope you are right on this, Z51...

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts
Could be but some warehouse somewhere may have one newer ZL one Camaro has a supercharged engine in it LT4 don’t know how expensive it’s what’s in my Z06 from factory

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but did anyone see this?

If SS's start going for close to $60k that's some incentive to sell for sure.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
FYI:

Average price of a new car for 2021 is about $42K now. CT5V production should resume August 9th...

Reactions: z51vett and JayJ
101 - 116 of 116 Posts