81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have.
Ridiculously overweight and overpriced.
Drives like a brick.
No Thank You.

I don't care what some stranger thinks my SS is worth. It's irreplaceable and I'm never selling it.
But, I'll take that bet that the SS will hold it's value better than it's FCA brick counterpart.
The SS is certainly more nimble, but the Challenger is not a brick. I have roughly 30,000 miles on both and after learning how to handle the Challenger it's much more proficient that most think it is. I'll take highway ramps at 50mph if the weather permits. It's 500lbs heavier than the SS, but it holds down well.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I saw the parts availability problems with friends that had a SSR and G8s, both of which were double the production of the SS. I was not going to risk it 6-8 years from now and was not going to have a parts car on my lawn next to my house.
This will be true. For those who plan to keep these cars forever, I would look at buying up as many semi-consumable parts now or even part cars now while they are "abundant" and cheaper. I had this problem with my first generation NSX. One person had the foresight to buy a dealers large stock of spare parts and then changed an "NSX-Tax" after the car was cancelled and parts became rare.

I know I will miss the SS. But I know I was not willing to deal with maintaining another discontinued car.

Reactions: Clutchfoot

·
Registered
302 Posts
Simply put...economics. I was spending 500 a month on gas. Was able to enjoy the SS year round. Drove in snow, sleet, and rain. Loved the power and handling. One day was at my local dealer and saw a Mint green Volt. Traded in my 15 SS with 30k miles for a brand span-kin new 2019 Volt. Great little car. Spend about 40 bucks a month on gas.Now I can take family out to dinner and day trips. I miss my SS but really love Chevys! Also the Volt is another car that is awesome that they stopped making! WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Clutchfoot

·
Registered
597 Posts
Simply put...economics. I was spending 500 a month on gas. Was able to enjoy the SS year round. Drove in snow, sleet, and rain. Loved the power and handling. One day was at my local dealer and saw a Mint green Volt. Traded in my 15 SS with 30k miles for a brand span-kin new 2019 Volt. Great little car. Spend about 40 bucks a month on gas.Now I can take family out to dinner and day trips. I miss my SS but really love Chevys! Also the Volt is another car that is awesome that they stopped making! WTF

That's why you need something like a volt as a daily and the SS or something similar as a week end toy!

GM and Ford both suck with cars now. Neither make any cool cars besides the usual. All anyone cares about now are these stupid SUV's because people want to be "up high" :serious

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
That's why you need something like a volt as a daily and the SS or something similar as a week end toy!
I agree, my SS has never been a daily driver, and I could never use it as a daily.

But that is just me.....:serious

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I agree, my SS has never been a daily driver, and I could never use it as a daily.

I drive mine 50% of the time. No precipitation & above 40 for the low - SS, below 40 or any rain / snow = Forester. I see too many old men’s widows selling vehicles that were never fully enjoyed by their late husbands, it’s a shame.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Since I retired I get to drive my SS when I want, I live in a major metropolitan area, and I will not drive during rush hour stop and go.

I bought my SS used two years ago with 17,000 miles, and I now have 33,400 miles on it, and they are all fun miles in Mexico.....:grin

·
Banned
52 Posts

The SS only makes sense as a daily driver. As a toy, there are obviously much better options. Corvette, 911, Sportbike, etc.

I'd choose a SS Sedan as a daily, and a Sportbike as a toy, if I could only have 2 vehicles, and I was on a limited budget.

That's why you need something like a volt as a daily
Life is short. Why waste it in a turd like a Volt?

SS or something similar as a week end toy!
There are much better toys available. Corvette, 911, Sportsbike, etc

GM and Ford both suck with cars now. Neither make any cool cars
How dare you speak of that garbage company, and their garbage cars, in the same conversation as GM. Sickening.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The SS only makes sense as a daily driver. As a toy, there are obviously much better options. Corvette, 911, Sportbike, etc.

I'd choose a SS Sedan as a daily, and a Sportbike as a toy, if I could only have 2 vehicles, and I was on a limited budget.
A bike is not an option for me anymore, I like living. Have had many bikes of all types over the years.

Do not like Corvettes, dime a dozen. Mopars, very boring, and serious quality,and warranty problems.

Porsche 911, just an overpriced VW.

The SS is my toy of choice.:serious

Reactions: NE17SS and ESindon

·
Premium Member
15,043 Posts
No appreciation for the uniqueness of the SS ............ :crying

·
Banned
52 Posts
People don't appreciate the situation they put themselves in, until they are filled with overwhelming dread, when they've realized the repercussions of mistakes they've made, and that it's too late for them.

I never wanted to put myself in that position, so I bought my SS Sedan, and my Glock.

Reminds me of that guy who owns the black SS in Philadelphia and his Glock. Some guy who thought he knew everything, including who that SS owner was, bit off more than he could chew. Got himself in a world of hurt, and that SS owner still walked, and slept soundly in his own bed, with a huge smile, that remains today.
I wonder if that SS owner is on here.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
People don't appreciate the situation they put themselves in, until they are filled with overwhelming dread, when they've realized the repercussions of mistakes they've made, and that it's too late for them.

I never wanted to put myself in that position, so I bought my SS Sedan, and my Glock.

Reminds me of that guy who owns the black SS in Philadelphia and his Glock. Some guy who thought he knew everything, including who that SS owner was, bit off more than he could chew. Got himself in a world of hurt, and that SS owner still walked, and slept soundly in his own bed, with a huge smile, that remains today.
I wonder if that SS owner is on here.
What? Clarify please.

·
Premium Member
15,043 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
We all know the relationship you girls all have with each other on here, and the little games you play together.

I've said my piece.
And, I am NEVER going away.
EVER.
So, you might as well grow up, start acting like adults, so there might be some mutual respect shown around here.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
^^^ Well that didn’t take long. I think I knew that was coming after his third or forth post, surprised he made it to 40.

I’m sure he’ll pop up again...

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I think almost all of us appreciate its uniqueness, it's just that it's not without its part supply risks. That's the intrinsic drawback of being unique.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at selling the SS for something new, I've really enjoyed it and it was my first Chevy /(Holden). The biggest complaint I've had is I miss android auto, wife's car has it and every time I get in the SS feels like it's missing that one little tech upgrade to push it into feeling like the car for me. Sounds stupid but I spend 2 hours every day driving to and from work so that time adds up.

I am going to miss the sound of that 6.2.

I just hope this isn't going to be the last 4 door V8/RWD with a manual that you don't need a second mortgage to own new.

·
Premium Member
15,043 Posts
Reactions: copacetic1
81 - 100 of 116 Posts