Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Used car prices up across the board. This from cargurus says 10% Year over Year, and Chevrolet up 15%:

Can also see some Manheim data here, all used car prices last few weeks up up up:

·
Super Moderator
3,143 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @winter !!

Interesting introduction reel there!! ;)

That said,,, share some info!! Are you an SS owner,,, or in the market???

Good luck!!!

ES

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @winter !!

Interesting introduction reel there!! ;)

That said,,, share some info!! Are you an SS owner,,, or in the market???

Good luck!!!

ES

Hey - thanks! Even with prices up, I'm shopping. I'm in NorCal outside of SF, seeking:
-stock M6
-blue, NGM, PGM, white or black
-ideally sunroof and spare
Hoping something pops up locally before long, but if not will expand my search criteria over time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cadillac is coming out with a manual as standard equip and a 6.2L supercharged for 2022 year. So there are other 4door V8 manuals coming.

Another reason the SS is holding its value might be because the EPA is trying to crack down on after market products and tuners, the SS is the perfect car because of its standard equipment.

I've been tracking prices since my purchase and I've seen several cars with similar options and mileage asking for $3-$10k more than I paid for mine from a private seller one year ago. This makes it very tough because I want to drive it, but watching it go down $5k in value hurts...

Also if you look at copart there are a lot of people wrecking their SS's. So your one of 69 might be more like one of 60...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The Blackwing CT5 is really likely to be the last of it's breed, period, when you think of a manual trans V8 sedan as even the Euros don't offer them anymore. Camaro/CT4/CT5 are all made at the same plant. Depending on rumors it sounds like MY '26 would probably be the end for all 3. So that's about 5 years we get which doesn't sound that long considering I'm coming up on the 5 year anniversary of buying my SS new (and waiting a painful 3.5 months in recall jail). And I'm not sure if Caddy is going to sell to demand or just keep them as a limited run as it did with the CT6 V.

For those looking to sell, if you keep it in good shape (and of course especially with a stick) with modest miles these cars should hold value quite well. For me OTOH I really don't see myself getting rid of it. I'm at 40k now but having added a Colorado for crap weather I'm down from 10k miles per year to 4k. So should last a long time at that pace. 20 years ago I felt the same way about my Fbody which was the last of it's kind back then, and still have that with only 52k on it. :) Drive'em and enjoy them, we're nearing the end of a 120 year run of combustion horsepower.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Huh guess I forgot about the new Cadillac. Starts at 85k or something like that, so suffice to say I would make a wonderful 6th owner or the like.

-J
yep easy 100K for the options you want.... it's way overpriced, its just not special enough for the price they are asking imho. It has a relatively old engine design and nothing really "NEW". Sorta reminds of when the SS debuted, however they want too much money for that Caddy badge... I think our SSs look better too. I'd rather get a C8 Z51 for less money or a 2021 BMW M3 stick. I feel those are more next gen chassis and design that warrants the price tag...

Reactions: Drone

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Don't forget there was a major disruption to car manufacturing due to Covid which shrank new supply and helped the used car market.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
yep easy 100K for the options you want.... it's way overpriced, its just not special enough for the price they are asking imho. It has a relatively old engine design and nothing really "NEW". Sorta reminds of when the SS debuted, however they want too much money for that Caddy badge... I think our SSs look better too. I'd rather get a C8 Z51 for less money or a 2021 BMW M3 stick. I feel those are more next gen chassis and design that warrants the price tag...
Minimalist 6MT CT5V Blackwing spec is $85K. Cheaper than $143K+ 2022 M5 CS and my $120K badge deleted spec AMG E63s Wagon...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dunno-my 15 manual with 29000 miles has been up for over a week and I just reduced the price again to 41,500-has one new rear mag ride shock on it and another in a box in the trunk that go with it. excellent, garaged, includes a 450.00 cover-no interest here or online. everyone hates silver ice metallic? doesn't matter much, I needed the $$ for medical bills but I am working out other sources so its all good for me
I like Silver Ice Metallic, I own one!

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I like Silver Ice Metallic, I own one!
I miss my 15 SIM, hardly ever looked dirty as well as a secondary bonus of "nothing to see her officer" blend in color.

I agree on the reason of COVID and manufacturing is overall down which usually would be temporary but also possible that prices will remain higher on used performance cars since we have a pretty good potential of high inflation in the coming years due to the fed printing machines of fiat currency on overtime.

Overall I think its really cool owning a newer car that has held its "sale" value right off the bat and has been increasing in value already for whatever reason.

·
Registered
. 2017 SS RH2 6MT . 'Roof noSpare wLions
32 Posts
Minimalist 6MT CT5V Blackwing spec is $85K.
Can't see CT5V sales affecting SS prices like the SS affected G8 prices; they're just such vastly different price points.

Maybe after 5-10 years once depreciation's taken a toll, but there will likely be so few manuals that those will hold their value long term.

·
Registered
. 2017 SS RH2 6MT . 'Roof noSpare wLions
32 Posts
Overall I think its really cool owning a newer car that has held its "sale" value right off the bat and has been increasing in value already for whatever reason.
What other cars (less than $100k) have done this in the recent past? CTS-V manual, 1M, Type R(?), GT4(?), M2 CS will because of low numbers, what else?

·
Super Moderator
7,080 Posts
That is from Chevymodeldotcom. Go to the about page on that site, the broken English tells you all you need to know. GM Authority hints at a possible 3.0 TT variant, I'd put more faith in that than a complete chassis, driveline and engine redo right before we start plugging them in at night...

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,473 Posts
When I sold mine, I had no intentions of replacing it, because, it is not possible. We're driving the wife's Caddy SRX, for now.
But, backup plan is to by a used Blackwing, of the need should arise. The wife is on-board for another "V" ,since, that was her most favorite Cadillac.

We'll see how she does. She seems to be getting better. Maybe I can make her feel guilty about me selling the SS.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts