Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Assuming the SS will get a big and powerful LT1 that the 2014 Corvette might have, putting it up against the Cadillac CTS-V, BMW M5, GS-F & E63 AMG will be quite interesting.

Hopefully Car & Driver does a test like this.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If they do pit it up against cars such as the M5 and E63 it'll be tough for the SS in many categories but performance and power.
I bet the M5 and E63 will kill it on a road course but on a track with a lot of straights, the SS could kill them at it.

But who knows maybe the SS will have handling unlike other performace vehicles from GM.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Can't wait for the Taurus SHO. But with how crazy GM is suppose to be building the SS, i think it'll be easy for the SS to beat it.

But who knows, maybe Ford will go crazy with the Taurus SHO.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ummm, how about the G8s that are running around? Many of them have been modded way beyond the projected 430-450HP that the SS will have stock. Those first SS owners may want to step up to the mod table fairly quickly before they try on any unknown G8's!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would think the Charger SRT8 would if the SS sedan has a 450 to 470 HP LT1 engine, even with a 420 to 430 HP LS2 it would as well.
I'd also expect similar pricing as well.
^This

Ford needs to bring over the falcon.
^ and this..

I also wouldn't consider the SHO to be in the same category since it's based on a fwd platform.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ummm, how about the G8s that are running around? Many of them have been modded way beyond the projected 430-450HP that the SS will have stock. Those first SS owners may want to step up to the mod table fairly quickly before they try on any unknown G8's!:rolleyes:
I would imagine it would be some time before people start modding their SS.

Gives us G8 owners some time to shine before they catch up :D

·
Registered
397 Posts
i think this thread is about comparing the chevrolet ss to other new cars on the market when it's released and not older cars and older cars that are modded. But seeing a battle between the 2014 chevy ss vs pontiac g8 (modified and stock) would be interesting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i think this thread is about comparing the chevrolet ss to other new cars on the market when it's released and not older cars and older cars that are modded. But seeing a battle between the 2014 chevy ss vs pontiac g8 (modified and stock) would be interesting.

Yeah, comparing modified to stock is always a tricky thing. However, the SS will certainly be comparable, being a "direct decendant" as it is.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bet the M5 and E63 will kill it on a road course but on a track with a lot of straights, the SS could kill them at it.
Lets not get carried away. The F10 M5 is rated at 560hp with a 0-60 of around 3.7 sec. The SS will no doubt be a force, but the M5 is a genuine 4 door super car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.