Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,417 Posts
Final tightening of suspension components should be done with the vehicle sitting at normal ride height.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well dang it. I did not

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,775 Posts
Question please: I’m getting ready to install the end links. I see in the instructions to install them at curb height. Should I install them when the car is back on the ground? New to installing suspension items. Thank you
Yes, car on the ground.

Reactions: anomadtoo

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well dang it. I did not
not the end of the world - what links did you end up using (this is the Whiteline non-adjust bar?)?

What would REALLY be the "right" way is to find some car scales (race car setup scales), check the corner weights with the links disconnected, then attach the links and do the best you can to NOT change corner weights when the links are attached and tightened.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes the Whiteline non-adjustable bar; I used the MOOG end links. They are actually really nice, I’m glad I went with them (thanks for the suggestion). Even when I do lower the car I don’t see being able to reach behind the wheel and tighten everything; and now being on King lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Question please: I’m getting ready to install the end links. I see in the instructions to install them at curb height. Should I install them when the car is back on the ground? New to installing suspension items. Thank you
The sway bar and end links are not necessary to tighten at ride height. Everything else should be though.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts