Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I want either an intake manifold or a cold air intake…which one do you guys think i should purchase first considering hp gains and the price for those gains? Car already has long tube headers…for the CAI it will be a Ram air intake or a roto fab CAI because it just looks sick! I honestly don’t know much about the manifolds tho if y’all can give your opinions on the best manifolds for hp gains on our cars and maybe send links that be great!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
rotofab

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Stock intake manifold is more of a PITA to change for minimal gains. I'm pushing near 500 WHP with headers, cam, rotofab, 3" exhaust & dyno tune. I'd invest in any of those & maybe a supercharger instead of an intake manifold.
Check out some build journals... Upgrades for my 2015 SS

Reactions: 41AH24

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock intake manifold is more of a PITA to change for minimal gains. I'm pushing near 500 WHP with headers, cam, rotofab, 3" exhaust & dyno tune. I'd invest in any of those & maybe a supercharger instead of an intake manifold.
holy crap that’s a lot of power for jus headers cam and intake…thanks for the advice i’ll probably get rotofab and then a cam in the future!! May or may not want a turbo in the distant future but for now that’s what i’ll do! :)

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I'm glad i'm not a hp junkie needing to make such choices. The only choices I have to make are Chevron on Artesia or Chevron on PCH.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Another vote for Rotofab

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
747 Posts
Intake manifold is super easy to swap. The ported rod modded intake manifold is proven for around 12 rwhp gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Snaker is right on, another vote for Roto-Fab CAI before a manifold. To get most out of a manifold you would first need better breathing from a CAI so take step 1 and go from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts