Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that aurora PD has a fleet of PPVs, have seen some state patrol PPVs as well. Does anyone know which denver metro dealership is doing the most servicing of the PPV fleets? I'm interested to find a dealership with experience replacing the steering racks and subsequent alignment.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I walked into my local dealer, where I bought my car and has done all the warranty service and recalls on it to speak with a friendly service manager. He said they have a "front end guy" that did a dozen or more of the PPVs when those were recalled. They ordered the rack and associated parts without needing to inspect my 2015's existing rack part number. They said the rack was just a day out, but a clamp was 3-4 days out. They will call when the parts arrive to arrange replacement and a loaner vehicle and ensure its assigned to the same tech who has done all the PPVs. They gave me the tech's name. They will precision align the car to my specs (assuming within OEM range) as re-alignment is required anyway. The plan is I will drop off the car when they open and can talk to the tech to go over the alignment desired and the work to be performed. Should be done same day. If anyone wants to know which front range dealership this is, please PM me.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Apparently you are maxed out on your PM inbox...I get an error you have exceeded your storage limit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts