Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
They did come out great. Gotta say is this day and time it takes some balls to put yourself OUT there like you did. Great Job. I love the wrap you did. digging the matte look. :angel

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
If you know 3 SS girls then that's a pretty high concentration I think. I think I know about 3 girls in the car scene all together. 2 are probably north of 50 (one happens to be north america autox champion though). Would like to see more diversity in the scene. I'd like to think that by putting yourself out there you are actually helping inspire more female representation. So keep it up.

Nice work on the car, it took me awhile to notice all the modifications, that's a good thing.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
I only know of 3 other girls in Houston who have an SS, I need more friends :frown
Cause I gotta say, I finally got the balls to do a shoot w/ my car and they came out great!!!

0 denise.jpg
I like everything about this pic …

.:3tens:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like the wrap!

Last year I toyed with the idea of wrapping my '17 HW in something close to Perfect Blue but couldn't justify the cost, especially when my OCD would have required wrapping the door jambs, sills, etc. Both quotes were over around $6k.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you know 3 SS girls then that's a pretty high concentration I think. I think I know about 3 girls in the car scene all together. 2 are probably north of 50 (one happens to be north america autox champion though). Would like to see more diversity in the scene. I'd like to think that by putting yourself out there you are actually helping inspire more female representation. So keep it up.

Nice work on the car, it took me awhile to notice all the modifications, that's a good thing.
I only know 2 of them because they invited me in their girls only car group lmao & the other was just saw at a meet once. But I appreciate it! I wish there was more girls in the car scene!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the wrap!

Last year I toyed with the idea of wrapping my '17 HW in something close to Perfect Blue but couldn't justify the cost, especially when my OCD would have required wrapping the door jambs, sills, etc. Both quotes were over around $6k.
I will be honest my OCD absolutely kills me sometimes because obviously the wrap isnt perfect.. But it is done very well. The quote for mine was only around $3K

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sadly, the girls are all driving Malibus and Equinoxes. I'm impressed you know 3 female SS owners, I don't even know 3 SS owners period.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I will be honest my OCD absolutely kills me sometimes because obviously the wrap isnt perfect.. But it is done very well. The quote for mine was only around $3K
Is that what that is? Then I must have a big one, I thought there was something wrong with me!

Anyway, where are you guys at? There are women car nuts at any event that I go to, quite a few. In fact, at autocross event there used to be womens classes until there got to be so many that they got rid of them and they just run with the men, and beat them! But, I do know 2 women SS owners.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that what that is? Then I must have a big one, I thought there was something wrong with me!

Anyway, where are you guys at? There are women car nuts at any event that I go to, quite a few. In fact, at autocross event there used to be womens classes until there got to be so many that they got rid of them and they just run with the men, and beat them! But, I do know 2 women SS owners.
I stay in Houston! Every event I go to theres just a bunch of lot lizards lmao Its honestly kinda annoying!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Amazing! Here in L.A. most women with a car there can talk shop(or trash) right along with the best of them, including my wife!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
In Nor/Cal we have at least 8-10 ladies with Holdens (SS + G8 & GTO). Pretty sure last year one of the ladies on this forum was going to form a nationwide ladies group to rally the troops just not sure if it got off the ground. Would be k-a$$ to go to a all ladies car show, would just blow my wife's mind.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I stay in Houston! Every event I go to theres just a bunch of lot lizards lmao Its honestly kinda annoying!
There's a really solid group of owners who come to Coffee & Cars at Memorial City, all really good people, no pre-pubescent types in the group. Meet up by Target at about 6:30am (ugh) so all can roll in and park together. Even though C&C officially starts at 8am, cars start leaving at 9am. You can go home and go back to sleep.

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
I only know of 3 other girls in Houston who have an SS, I need more friends :frown
Cause I gotta say, I finally got the balls to do a shoot w/ my car and they came out great!!!
Live near and work in a small burb of Ada OK. Population is around 16,000 folks. We have two gals driving red and black 14 cars. We have two gals who are both in white 15 cars. My best half, Mrs Wiseman pilots a Mystic 16. Pretty good per capita SS ownership for our ladies here to the north of you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
My wife is on the fb ss women’s group might want to look into that if you havent yet, she hasnt joined this fourm, her’s is the blue one

Attachments

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Who took the pictures?

Great SS pics...are you trying to break the SS Forum internet?

This one is my fave:

·
Registered
597 Posts
aussie female ss owner

great to see another ss loving girl on here they are great cars if i was a bit closer i would meet up with you but you are to far away i am in melbourne australia and also love my car i am a bit of a hoon and love putting the loud pedal to the metal ,you have you car looking good keep up the good work with it ,check out facebook chevy ss owner there are girls on there that have ss maybe you might meet some of them around your way that are on there ,here is a photo of my ssv redline this car was made 4 weeks before holden closed so it's a special car and i look after it and do most of the work on it and like keeping it looking like a show car bit hard when it is winter here cant wait for sunny days to come cheers jenny :devil

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts