Chevy SS Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine arrived today :) who’s installed themselves and can comment on the connection points?? View attachment 295077
Body shop installed mine. Mounting isn’t the issue it’s making sure you’re not damaging the white skirt clips when taking off stock rockers. Getting replacements could be challenging. If I were you I would take them to a shop who has the tools to get the rockers and clips off without potentially breaking the clips. My .02…

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for the tips

·
Premium Member
242 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,004 Posts
These look pretty cool. Definitely post up pics when they’re installed.

If you guys need the clips they can be had here:

THANKS for that referral!!!!!

I have been missing 2 of those,, which disappeared mysteriously,, after the minor colision I had in El Segundo,, back in November of 2018!! I did not catch that deficiency in the job until the next time I got the car in the air for routine maintenence,,, in April of 2019 (I largely parked it for months after the body work was completed!)!! I had purchased 6 of them at a Chevy dealer and then those disappeared somewhere in the black hole of my garage!!! I recall spending like 4 or 5 bucks each for them at the time!! I never got them installed and when I finally had the time and space to do it,,, I got the wheels off,,, ready to pop the rocker panel side skirt off (they replaced the RF Fender as well as the front bumper cover complete),,,, and when I TURNED THE GARAGE UPSIDE DOWN looking for them,,, they were somewhere out in the Twilight Zone!!!

I just ordered a package of 25,,, total cost shipped to my door,,, including tax of $21.59 !!! I cant wait to FINALLY get this done!! I still have the intermittent lucid nightmare/dream remembering that minor detail,,, and when that happens,,,, you can forget about falling back to sleep again for the night!!!

NOOOO I am NOT obssesed!!!! RIGHT!!!!

OF COURSE,,, I will no doubt find the missing baggie with the original purchase,,,, as soon as these arrive,,,, NO DOUBT!!!

o_O

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can’t wait to see these on your whip later this spring. Where are you getting them painted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yeah we definitely need to meet up again. I’ll be getting them painted at Polished Image

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
THANKS for that referral!!!!!

I have been missing 2 of those,, which disappeared mysteriously,, after the minor colision I had in El Segundo,, back in November of 2018!! I did not catch that deficiency in the job until the next time I got the car in the air for routine maintenence,,, in April of 2019 (I largely parked it for months after the body work was completed!)!! I had purchased 6 of them at a Chevy dealer and then those disappeared somewhere in the black hole of my garage!!! I recall spending like 4 or 5 bucks each for them at the time!! I never got them installed and when I finally had the time and space to do it,,, I got the wheels off,,, ready to pop the rocker panel side skirt off (they replaced the RF Fender as well as the front bumper cover complete),,,, and when I TURNED THE GARAGE UPSIDE DOWN looking for them,,, they were somewhere out in the Twilight Zone!!!

I just ordered a package of 25,,, total cost shipped to my door,,, including tax of $21.59 !!! I cant wait to FINALLY get this done!! I still have the intermittent lucid nightmare/dream remembering that minor detail,,, and when that happens,,,, you can forget about falling back to sleep again for the night!!!

NOOOO I am NOT obssesed!!!! RIGHT!!!!

OF COURSE,,, I will no doubt find the missing baggie with the original purchase,,,, as soon as these arrive,,,, NO DOUBT!!!

o_O
Exactly right. I had two go missing as well and was looking all over. Finally found these as a replacement. The dealer wants a fortune for them. It’s over $100 of clips for one side. I couldn’t tell the difference and I’m sure they’re the same quality as original.

And yeah, you’ll probably find the missing ones after. Mine popped up an hour after I installed the new ones. But nothing wrong with having spares.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thank you all for the link to the parts; I ordered some ahead of time

·
Super Moderator
4,004 Posts
@distracted driver ,,, Take a ride out to Austin (Pflugerville),, and see Steve at Berli's Auto Body!!!

They are one of the BEST facilities I have EVER dealt with (Repaired my sons G8 BETTER than the shop that did the EXCELLENT work the first time it was damaged in ABQ,, I fawned over 2 years ago in the Manhole Incident write up!!) and once you see the pantheon of exotic vehicles they specialize in,,, you will be comfortable with the extra effort/distance required!!! They are the ,,,,, SHIZNIT!!!!!!! Steve's shop is among the best equipped and up to date!!! They can do spectragraphic matching!!! You will NOT be dissappointed!!!!

Jus Sayin,,, my $0.02

ES

81 - 91 of 91 Posts