Chevy SS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Happy to hear it was a great day for all.

Again, really sorry I could not be there.

Will be laid up here at home for a few days due to a bonehead landscaping move.

Didn't lose any fingers or anything like that, just bruised and sore.

I am hoping you all are willing to give it another go before summer is over.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Bad storm here Saturday, had some broken branches in our apple trees.

Decided to take these steps Sunday morning before leaving for KOP.

Step#1: Get our small electric chainsaw and climb tree.

Step#2: Cut broken branches and watch them fall safely to ground.

Step#3: Start to climb back down forgetting just how wet the tree trunk is.

Step#4: Throw chainsaw away from body as I start to fall backwards.

Step#5: Lay flat on back and assure Kelly nothing is broken, not even the chainsaw.

Step#6: Take hot bath, handful of Aleve and get a 6 pack out of the fridge.

Step#7: Laugh at myself for being so stupid, promise myself to never let something like that happen ever again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not to revive this thread, since it looks like it ran the course, but I spotted a white SS the other day in Beckett (NJ) and stopped by to introduce myself. You may occasionally spot me in my white SS with FL plates in south Philly when I take it to work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gateway Classic Cars Philadelphia , 1223 (?) Forest Parkway West Deptford NJ 08066.

May 25 2019 Car show Caffeine and Chrome (Gateway 20th Anniv) will have one SS (Holden) mine.

·
Super Moderator
13,320 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
For Phila area cars, there are more open country roads in South Jersey if anyone interested. I go out and drive these roads often. So , up for a South Jersey meet / drive and lunch in Summer 2019.

·
Banned
52 Posts
For Phila area cars, there are more open country roads in South Jersey if anyone interested. I go out and drive these roads often. So , up for a South Jersey meet / drive and lunch in Summer 2019.
Some NJ roads are nice, but the cops and municipal courts are thieving crooks.
Plus, NJ has become a communist state that denies Americans their 2nd amendment right, while taxing them to death.
Better to meet on the Pennsylvania side of the Berlin Wall.......

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m in Perkasie Pa, had mine for three months now. We’ve developed a great relationship. I may be ruined for other cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’ll add that there are some great driving roads north of Doylestown Pa. Driving up river road gives all sorts of options. Police coverage is very light, in case you inadvertently exceed the limit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I’ll add that there are some great driving roads north of Doylestown Pa. Driving up river road gives all sorts of options. Police coverage is very light, in case you inadvertently exceed the limit.
I've done Geigel Hill Road between 611 and River Rd before. Lots of good roads to drive in that area.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
181 - 200 of 222 Posts