Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is in the Philadelphia area with a SS? I need to find the SS brethren near to link up with.

I know CB is somewhere on the mainline. Who else?

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, there are a few nearby.

I once saw a silver '14 in downtown Philadelphia last year. The owner said he loved it. I can't wait to pull up all subtle like, and have people not in the know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I see one every morning (silver) running down the North East Extension from the Lehigh valley to mid county

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if people would be willing to gather when it's nice to do a meet and greet.

I can't wait 'til the weather breaks to go up to River Road passing through New Hope. That'll be a great place to meet.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geigel Hill is open end to end as well...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Something to keep in mind! Thanks.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew it had to be quite a few lurking in the area.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be here in the area, but we'll figure out a way to make it happen.

I look forward to meeting you all.

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Did ya check the owners map? ;-)

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did ya check the owners map? ;-)
Yes, but there seems to be a huge spread within a 100 mile radius of center city Philadelphia. I know there has to be more in the area.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Im near Atlantic City, but Im up in Washington Crossing PA quite often. A New Hope meet would be amazing! But a meet in or around Philly would be cool too. Keep this thread up-to-date!

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Yes, but there seems to be a huge spread within a 100 mile radius of center city Philadelphia. I know there has to be more in the area.
When you find them, tell 'em to join up!

·
Banned
122 Posts
Great DOD contractor there. It would have to involve authentic Philly cheesesteak sandwich, meaning hoagie, rib-eye, white onions, and provolone or whiz, and made by someone that is in the know of authentic; Pat's or Genos? Not "improved" shops.

·
Premium Member
13,555 Posts
hoagies and cheese steaks are two completely different sandmiches....

I ought to know I was born at Germantown Hospital way to many decades ago.

...with, whiz.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Contrary to popular beliefs, a real Philadelphian (with the exception of South Philly because of bias) knows that Geno's and Pat's are good, but not the absolute best. They've become "really poplular" for a number of reasons, two being the media and the bright lights.

·
Banned
122 Posts
hoagies and cheese steaks are two completely different sandmiches....

I ought to know I was born at Germantown Hospital way to many decades ago.

...with, whiz.
Not sure what being born has to do with "Whiz", its not like babies are feed that fake product.

When discussing cheesesteaks and the word hoagie is tossed around, IT IS hoagie rolls we are talking about, not sandmiches (nice try).
Whiz being 2nd choice, provolone being 1st choice. I prefer the provolone, simply cuz its real cheese and keep trying to consume real foods, but I have tried the whiz, the scientific developed cheese product, more than once on my trips there. Its called Cheez, not cheese, for good reason. I should know, i got a freezer with a few bricks, it may be awesome with nachos, but cheese it ain't.

WIKI -
A cheesesteak, also known as a Philadelphia cheesesteak, Philly cheesesteak, cheesesteak sandwich, cheese steak, or steak and cheese, is a sandwich made from thinly sliced pieces of steak and melted cheese in a long hoagie roll.

Pat and Harry Olivieri originally owned a hot dog stand, and on one occasion, decided to make a new sandwich using chopped beef and grilled onions. While Pat was eating the sandwich, a cab driver stopped by and was interested in it, so he requested one for himself. After eating it, the cab driver suggested that Olivieri quit making hot dogs and instead focus on the new sandwich. They began selling this variation of steak sandwiches at their hot dog stand near South Philadelphia's Italian Market. They became so popular that Pat opened up his own restaurant which still operates today as Pat's King of Steaks. The sandwich was originally prepared without cheese; Olivieri said provolone cheese was first added by Joe "Cocky Joe" Lorenza.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts