Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had a movie thread in a bit.

We do Friday movie nights with the family; pizza or nuggets, fries, etc. And popcorn. Never forget the popcorn.

Tonight it was Mary Poppins Returns with the kiddos.

Currently rewatching John Wick 2.

What movie are you watching?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Don't watch much TV, but just now finished the Studio 54 documentary. Fascinating sociological study of the time period and the individuals who created this iconic NYC nightclub. Studio 54 founders Rubell and Schlager rebounded to create the boutique hotel industry.

Good thread @Beatrice. I was gonna start a "What'cha reading" thread. I need some new suggestions after finishing Caro's 3000+ page LBJ biography. Just scored Atkinson's 'Liberation Triology' about the U.S. Army in N. Africa in WWII, a bit under 1800 pages. I'll be busy for another while.

I believe in learning from those who've been down the road before, understand their path and their missteps.

On the boob tube over the last number of months: F is for Family, it had it's moments but never quite climbed the mountain. Got bored with Rake. Altered Carbon was so strange it was hard to look away. Mostly mindless entertainment. Nova, Nature and American Masters are solid standbyes. And nothing like some good ol' King of the Hill for the total numb tube-out experience. Reading is more rewarding and my challenge with some of these books is I don't know when to put them down and just go to sleep.

Yeah, if the shoe fits wear it. :nerd

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Scarlet D Letter

@iratollah, a book thread would be cool! Esp with you leading the charge. I'd have some suggestions for WW2 books. Hopefully I can find one you haven't read.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Favorite WW2 book was the Ultra Secret. Wrote a history paper on it in 1977...Dr. Nikol gave me a "D"...didn't think breaking the Enigma Code had any affect on the War's outcome. Always been ahead of my Time...Pontiac GTO, G8 GT, Chevy SS. I bet the good ole Doctor drove a Yugo.

Reading Breaking/_and/entering
By Jeremy n Smith on my Kindle and Hardcover during breaks in my oilfield Mack Truck...lol

Edit_:
Recently been watching Firing Line with Margaret Hoover...wonder if she has Gold and Mining wealth left in her Trust...President Hoover even did a stint in Australia in his youth...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Grand Tour on Amazon. If you liked the British Top Gear I bet you will like this even more.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts