Chevy SS Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
I'm not sure where you're getting your figures but there is over $1700 markup in this car. Base MSRP $43,475 Invoice $41,736.
What I am taking about are the markups above MSRP. I have heard as high as $5k over MSRP.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
What I am taking about are the markups above MSRP. I have heard as high as $5k over MSRP.

You heard correctly. The market adjustment at Henderson Chevrolet is $5000 above MSRP for all 3 of their SS models. I love the car but my patience to buy one will save me thousands of dollars. The total with market adjustment was over $52k.

·
Registered
224 Posts
After they sit on him for a while they will realize that they have to come down. The smart dealer would have the burn and turn theory.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You shoukd try going through https://www.truecar.com/
They listed a dealer within 29 miles of me that would sell it at or slightly below invoice. They are suppose to be certified dealers but I find it hard to believe. Check it out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Man how I wish I could finance the low. I still owe on my current car, and they wanna give me $5,000 less than what I owe. Urhg.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is that with the gas guzzler tax and everything?
Yes. That price included the gas guzzler tax (which shows as an "option" on the sticker). The closest dealer was offering $500 below MSRP, but I used an auto buying service (who, by the way, also contributes a portion of profits to charity) and he got another dealer to drop a little farther. Took my old car (2007 Infiniti M35) to Carmax.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Just got it home. Rides beautiful, but I have to get used to the seat which is a lot firmer. The computer is almost too much to absorb.
Welcome to the club. Harder seats? They are snug to me but leather is nice and soft.

·
Premium Member
13,499 Posts
After they sit on him for a while they will realize that they have to come down. The smart dealer would have the burn and turn theory.
The old coot that mentored me in my youth taught me well ... everything is for sale, including the store, as long as you make money today. Waiting for that elusive home run deal up with more money (or credit) than brains that may never come in was not in his DNA. Banking a skinny profit today on a piece thats been on the ground for a week was fine by him and made for lasting repeat lifelong customers who sent their family and friends from near and far for a no BS good deal. It also kept the inventory fresh.

I still have friends and acquaintances that call me to check out their 'deals' ..... HAHA call me CECIL!

·
Super Moderator
5,522 Posts
The old coot that mentored me in my youth taught me well ... everything is for sale, including the store, as long as you make money today. Waiting for that elusive home run deal up with more money (or credit) than brains that may never come in was not in his DNA. Banking a skinny profit today on a piece thats been on the ground for a week was fine by him and made for lasting repeat lifelong customers who sent their family and friends from near and far for a no BS good deal. It also kept the inventory fresh.

I still have friends and acquaintances that call me to check out their 'deals' ..... HAHA call me CECIL!
My buddy who sold me my SS use to sell 400 cars a year when times were good got a kick back every Jan on the cars he sold 3 years ago usually around 20,000. Like you said move the inventory. I worked at a small dealer who sold 5 cars a month. They wanted a home run on every deal sold 3 cars one Sat. and they were not happy in this day and age you can get all the inventory you want so why act like it's the last car you can get.
z51vett
Doug

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
I go with that theory of smaller profit but higher turnover, They tell friends and aquaintances who in turn may buy or tell others. If you look after or don't pull the wool over your customers eyes you get loyal and repeat customers for life.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
This made for some interesting reading 6 years later. A lot changed since you OG guys were talking/buying/ordering the first SS's that hit US soil. Extreme price mark ups to the 20% off sale that occurred and some members were able to take advantage of. Cannot believe its been so long already. :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I didn't get what I would consider a deal on mine, but I ordered local and didn't really care since I wanted a new one, ordered to my specs. No loan on it, so the lack of a 'good deal' was saved in interest I suppose. And I created a cool relationship with the sales staff when wife wants a new Tahoe...they owe me!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts