Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've used (using) the black chair leg covers but the heat and such worries me. Notice a bit of cracking already. Do you guys suggest the copper covers will work well? Was hoping for a heat resistant material suited for our use.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
I've used (using) the black chair leg covers but the heat and such worries me. Notice a bit of cracking already. Do you guys suggest the copper covers will work well? Was hoping for a heat resistant material suited for our use.
Just to be clear, when you mention copper "covers", do you mean copper caps?
How exactly are you intending to use them? . . . to plug the rubber kazoo tube, or to cover the nipple on the intake ducting ?? Copper caps are great for the former, but not so much the latter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to be clear, when you mention copper "covers", do you mean copper caps?
How exactly are you intending to use them? . . . to plug the rubber kazoo tube, or to cover the nipple on the intake ducting ?? Copper caps are great for the former, but not so much the latter.
I meant *caps, sorry. Could definitely see the confusion!

Issue with that route is keeping the tube in place when I ideally want to remove it.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
I meant *caps, sorry. Could definitely see the confusion!

Issue with that route is keeping the tube in place when I ideally want to remove it.
That's a legitimate concern. If you want to forgo the stock look, then by all means, look to a quality cap and a blanking plate at the firewall.
A quick look for a more heat resistant silicon caps yielded: https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Silic...rubber+cap&qid=1659811505&s=automotive&sr=1-5

Sort of pricey (and a bit flashy) but it wouldn't breakdown from engine heat.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If you want to remove the Kazoo tube and cap the nipple to the intake?
I used this hose cap. Perfect fit and it installs with your OEM hose clamp. It comes black even though it says “white” on the description for some reason. I will add pic when I get my car back from the shop.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts