Chevy SS Forum banner

What else are you considering?

4K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  cbsmith402 
#1 ·
What other cars are you looking at?

#2 ·
My only other consideration would be the CTS Vsport with 420 horse twin turbo V6. Had a 1987 Buick Regal T with LC2 (slightly modified for 400+ horse:yahoo:) and with only 3600 or so pounds to haul around that LC2 gave a lot of fits to Vettes and such....

Not sure of the weight of the CTS Vsport but surmise it is decently short of the 4K lbs of the SS. Turbo's are fun if you take good care of them.

But after 3 G8's I'm going to be hard pressed to snag a CTS. Have a 2012 coupe with 3.6L non-turbo and it just isn't as big inside as what I would like it to be. And yes I'm pretty much a GM fan; the Mustang GT vert belongs to the wife and not much I can do about that. If I could get her to sell it I'd replace it with a ZL1 vert.....

#4 ·
CTS-V wagon if it could be had for a reasonable price. However as bad as my milage currently is, it'll only be worse (I get upwards of 17MPG average currently).

#7 ·
2015/16? Mustang GT350, C7 Vette or 2015/16 SS. Still a year or more off from wanting to make a move in which I would have to get rid of my GXP. That's pretty much the short list. Or if I win the lottery, a GT-R in addition to the 3 listed above....and a new garage out behind my house. :)

#8 ·
Dodge Charger SRT8
Cadillac ATS or CTS (gotta see what the new CTS is like)

There is a small part of me that wants to get an more fuel efficient car since I do have a 50 mile round trip commute everyday in rush hour traffic. That small part of me wants to get a new BMW 328d Sport Wagon with the M sport package. Excellent handling, AWD, and fuel efficiency? It's tempting. I'd say there's a 10% chance this happens.

#11 ·
I guess this has been the big question for us as well.
The TBSS is getting up there in age. We want something to replace it.
No one really makes a performance SUV anymore. In fact, the only SUV GM makes is the Tahoe/Yukon. Everything else is a CUV, and most of those are too minivan-ish.
So that is when my wife and I started looking at alternatives. Although we aren't completely married to GM, we do get a GM Employee discount thanks to a retired father-in-law, so GM usually makes the most sense for us.
We have looked at the SHOs, the SRT8s, and almost anything else you would consider in the sub-$45k price range. Nothing else really interests her.
So I guess at the moment, we aren't considering anything else.

#12 ·
I guess this has been the big question for us as well.
The TBSS is getting up there in age. We want something to replace it.
No one really makes a performance SUV anymore. In fact, the only SUV GM makes is the Tahoe/Yukon. Everything else is a CUV, and most of those are too minivan-ish.
Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is still around. Even the 5.7 Hemi isn't too far off from the TBSS.

#16 · (Edited)
With $45K being my hard top end for purchasing new next year it goes like this.

1. 2015 Mustang GT
2. 2015 Challenger SRT8 Core (supposed to be restyled and a little lighter)
3. 2014/2015 Charger SRT8 SuperBee
4. 2014/2015 300 SRT8 Core
5. 2014/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Hemi

Lots of used and pre-owned options but you never know what you get with someone else's car.

#25 ·
Has anyone driven or even sat in the ATS? I did at an autosow rectently and my legs were cramped as ****....in the FRONT seat!!!. Felt like they were wrapping around the transmission hump. Very awkward driving position. When I looked to the right of the steering wheel I couldnt even see my right foot on the gas pedal.

#29 ·
How someone could? With google, its quite simple really.

When i shop its not within rigid segment lines. I go wherever appeals to my driving feet. Whether its the SS an ATS, **** throw the Focus ST in there as well.

My money will go to the car that provides the best intangibles for my dollar. They all require ignition, a shift into gear and use of the pedals to go anywhere but which one wells my insides with pride just heading to the station for smokes?

TBD.

#30 ·
I'm also considering a used Mercedes E550. I've got a SUV right now, but once at least one of my 3 kids grows out of a car seat, I'd like to get back into a full-size (RWD!) sedan. Tesla's Model S was on my radar for quite a while but their constant price increases are turning me off.

I was a long-time BMW fan and loved my E60 535i, but the F10 5-series just leaves me cold. The current CTS is a little too small and the upcoming one is too expensive (for now).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.