1121 - 1140 of 1177 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Picked up my wrapped Kooks.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Cars and Coffee At the Petersen Automotive Museum today!!!

It was the 8th annual Enzo Ferarri Tribute!!! There were about 300 or so Ferarris and other Italian cars in attendance. They were not gonna allow any non Italian cars in, until a few of us regulars made a stink, cuz the rooftop parking lot was only half full,, so after chatting up Bruce Meyer,,, I got a few of us the OK to spot up there!! Away from the main event,, BUT,,, that said,,,, I had quite a few crowds gather around my SS!!! My Holden Lion shirt sure got a lotta love from this crowd today!!!!

Among the,,, Oh,,, I dunno,,, HALF BILLION DOLLARS worth of Ferarri's and other marques,,, were a La Ferarri (the only White car!!!), half dozen F40's, and some of the most exquisite , rare, and valuable 250 GT variants, that were the featured cars of the day!!!

I am posting up a google link for Y'All to enjoy!! Its just a buncha raw phone shots, so no comments on lighting and composition!!! It is what it is!!! There were tons of cars that had to park out of the sun, so I didn't get too crazy with trying to document them all!!!!

😎

·
Registered
119 Posts
Buffed out a couple of scratches on my hood. Been on my mind since I noticed them yesterday. :oops:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Changed my winter wheel/tires for my summer/wheel tires. They were put away last fall with a fresh coat of G5 wheel coating and Adam’s Tire Shine. During the winter the wheels got an occasional spritz of Adam’s Ceramic Boost. The calipers were cleaned with APC then panel wipe followed by McKee’s Wheel Coating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Drove mine for the first time since mid December. Felt good! I think I'll be driving it to work tomorrow even though there's a threat of rain tomorrow night. Should be plenty warm enough to not worry about that. (in the upper 50s)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Trimmed the brake pads to clear the Weld Wheels and found out the driveshaft loop doesn’t fit - oh well.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Watched a soccer mom put a ding in my rear driver side door this morning that went through the clear coat. I love my wife but the cost of the reserved parking spot in front of my kid's school pales in comparison to the mental anguish and cost of correcting my paint.

I have to be at the school every morning for the volunteer program I run and usually park as far from everyone as possible, but felt obligated to use said spot because she was trying to do something nice for me.

And no I did not confront said soccer mom as I have enough drama in my life as is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Watched a soccer mom put a ding in my rear driver side door this morning that went through the clear coat. I love my wife but the cost of the reserved parking spot in front of my kid's school pales in comparison to the mental anguish and cost of correcting my paint.
Made a corvette and a rice rocket car guy sick to their stomach last night. Corvette met me at the next light shaking his head and said I was not expecting that beating!!! Thank you MR Whipple. LOL as for the Rice rocket, there is no substitute for cubic inches. As my tag says "UR2NDPL".

LMAO - funny but not funny I feel your pain, My red hot 2 is a magnet for soccer moms and SUV with kids that kick the doors open, GRRRRRR people just do't respect other peoples property. I have the dent doctor on my speed dial. No matter where I park there will be SUV's on one side or the other. Currently I have no dents and when I do I want to cave their door in with my foot, but then I would be down on there level.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Damn sorry about the ding! I feel you pain as I added one to the collection yesterday not paying attention!

Does my cleaning the work benches and organizing the tools and parts for the impending reassembly count?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Made a corvette and a rice rocket car guy sick to their stomach last night. Corvette met me at the next light shaking his head and said I was not expecting that beating!!! Thank you MR Whipple. LOL as for the Rice rocket, there is no substitute for cubic inches. As my tag says "UR2NDPL".
Awesome lol

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Dropped the car off at the dealership for oil, brake fluid and rear diff services this morning. I was shocked to see another 6MT Holden-badged SS pull in behind me in the service bay. It was a special moment that even the service advisors recognized since they came out as well. Nice to meet you Taki!

Random sidenote: 51k+ miles with 7mm+ of the original brake pads left, front and rear according to the checkup. I'll have to check that one myself, just in case.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Bought her in New Mexico last June. My other car picked up a nail, so I used her to take the tire to get fixed and it started raining. She got rained on for the first time since I owned her. View attachment 280665
Why does the Subie look like it’s hiding lol

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Swapped the 28” for 185/55/17 front runners.

1121 - 1140 of 1177 Posts