1081 - 1095 of 1095 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,081

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Got my Welds and turns out, they sent the wrong ones. Get to wait a month for another pair. Welp, at least the rears were correct.

Side note...put the engine in the back of the Subaru for transport

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Oh that jack placement !!!!
Jack placement just lifted the rear by the rear diff bushing mount and placed two jack stands under for safety. Jack left there as a secondary safety.

I have a sunroof car and read all the horror stories about roof crumples around sunroof. Until i get the BMR subframe braces, this will be the way for now. I chose not to lift one side/corner at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

Did that New Year’s Day. I really need to get the electricity and lift put in here lol.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Applied the 2nd coat of Turtle Wax's new ceramic spray coating to both my car & the wife's.
Seems to be a VERY good product.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Called my self wrapping a header today. Total shitshow lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rinsed a weeks worth of salt off the SS. Then I foamed it with Griots Garage Surface Prep Wash, rinsed it again. I then washed it using many MF wash mitts in a bucket of warm water and Adam’s Wash n Wax. Dried it using Adam’s Spray Wax as a drying aid. Adam’s Tire Shine on the winters then out in the sun for a quick pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Way better!

I guess it's too bad that you can't get rid of those chrome headlights.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I guess it's too bad that you can't get rid of those chrome headlights.
Not unless you want to bake the lenses to soften the glue. By doing so you risk compromising the structure and/or risk future potential of getting moisture in the lights.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Yeah, I know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took my 16 yo son to the drags for the first time. I haven't been down the strip in 20+ years, and I was actually pretty disappointed in our times. I was running 13.7's at 103 and he was running 13.9's at 104. I got eliminated but he still had test and tune runs, so we focused on cooling the car, and he focused on practicing reaction times with my brother-in-law's Port-a-Tree and it paid off. He ran a 13.33 at 106 with a .074 reaction time, on his 4th ever run down the strip, beating my best time of the day by 4 tenths. He's as stoked as I've ever seen him.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I hope my son and i have this experience in 11 years
I took my 16 yo son to the drags for the first time. I haven't been down the strip in 20+ years, and I was actually pretty disappointed in our times. I was running 13.7's at 103 and he was running 13.9's at 104. I got eliminated but he still had test and tune runs, so we focused on cooling the car, and he focused on practicing reaction times with my brother-in-law's Port-a-Tree and it paid off. He ran a 13.33 at 106 with a .074 reaction time, on his 4th ever run down the strip, beating my best time of the day by 4 tenths. He's as stoked as I've ever seen him.

1081 - 1095 of 1095 Posts