Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1179 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to try to lighten the mood a bit with a thread about everything and nothing at all. SarahsGMC started a similar thread on GM-Trucks.com when I had the Callaway and it took off like wildfire simply because of it's everyday appeal. That thread sits currently at 438 pages and over 6500 replies. I hope to give a good slot for people to talk about everyday life with a cool car, so here goes.
Nothing exciting here, drove to work at 4AM as usual, slowly to avoid bug splat and deer of course. Left work at 3PM to find a new guy parked on top of me even though I park "in the back forty" as it were. No dings, thank goodness. Picked up some Sylvania Silverstar's for the wife's one eyed Malibu at the parts store, answered a few "what is it?" questions and came home. Headed to Wally World next to get some goodies for tomorrow's Nationwide race at Iowa Speedway. Hopefully see an SS on display but who knows...

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Nothin.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Ran errands with the boss, err... wife... yeah, the boss. Grocery store, Costco, over to a friends business so he could see the Roto-Fab installed. Nice ride except for being 98F outside.

·
Super Moderator
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did he like the Roto-Fab? I get lots of compliments on mine. One guy told me I was starving the engine of air with it being all sealed off... He's funny.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Ran errands with the boss, err... wife... yeah, the boss. Grocery store, Costco, over to a friends business so he could see the Roto-Fab installed. Nice ride except for being 98F outside.
98F outside, eh??? Russ, I just checked my deck and in the shade it is 107F !!! And me and the Chevelle with all aluminum interior are going to a car show tomorrow in Brentwood that doesn't start 'til 2:00PM. and is over at 6 PM. It is appropriately called "Hot August Days". Me and the SS enjoyed the A/C a bunch today--went to the Dr. ,54 miles round trip,--he said I'll live another day--went to the store--parked next to one of them new long sleek Beemers with a bunch of 5's on the trunk. Going into the store I looked back and saw the beemer driver lookin at the SS. He was probably thinking, "WTF is this??" I have my car club stickers(Asphalt Outlaws) in the small quarter windows and our 'SS Forums stickers there also. He was wearing clothes I could not afford, so I just left him wondering.

·
Super Moderator
13,501 Posts
Well, I let the wife drive HER car today instead of my truck. Boy, hard to watch it drive off without me.
Big Texas welcome to you Island1064! Bring that SS for us to see anytime.

·
Super Moderator
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Walked past it a couple of times, parked in garage in its usual spot!! Put almost four miles on it this week!!
I'm jealous. Kind of. I wish I had a different daily driver(and a garage), but man the daily commute is a pleasure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Like every week day morning-enjoyed my 10 minute ride to work, looking at it from my office window intermittently during the day then driving it home. I have just really enjoyed this car and look forward to my 2015.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Well - I had a semi heart-attack when I found a small rock chip in my hood. Did I mention I just got her back on Wednesday from repainting the front part of the hood to fix 6 rock chips. I can't wait to put the wrap back on, painter said I needed to wait a month... sigh.

And the wind noise is back in my driver door, showed up again during my drive to work. I think I got it this time. I found a piece of molding that was getting rolled over as the window went up. It only makes noise when it's colder, like in the morning, so it's painful to have to wait a day to test each attempt at a fix.

Taking her in Monday to fix the spinning map issue and loose driver seat. I'll be sad without my SS for 2 days.

But I'm leaving for vacation with the family 2 Saturdays from now, so that's a good thing.

Sorry for complaining... this is the most expensive car I've ever owned and I was hoping it would hold up better.

Tovo

·
Registered
425 Posts
Raining here this morning so the Harley stayed in the garage and I drove the SS to work. Took the city streets and left the nannies on and played at each stop sign to see how much wheel slip activated the traction control. Drove home for lunch (rain had stopped) with a 5-90 mph dash onto the interstate. Drove back to work on the interstate using an entrance ramp that is all curve with a very short acceleration lane so of course I was accelerating to 75 by the end of the curvy part (fun!). Drove home at the end of the day on some back roads. Each of the four segments had a different route, all just 5 miles each. What a great day! The work part was just OK.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Stared at it. got all giddy when a guy in a challenger gave me thumbs up. came wted to clean her but my son is sick. Wife came home, WTF! she opened her door into my baby!!
its a small scratch/dent but it still hurts...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Drove mine to the convenience store to get my morning coffee (3 miles... one way!!) From there went to the dealership to pick on the crew at the service desk. Then made the loop back home hoping to play with someone at the series of stoplights in one of the 1 mile stretches on the way back. (No one to play, er.... toy with today.... darn.)

I think I may have had a strange thing happen both when leaving the store and the dealership today. I put the tranny in D and then pushed it over to Sport Mode, but when I took off it didn't up-shift. and for some strange reason it went into Manual mode (M1). I thought I must have bumped the lever. When I left the dealership it did it again, but that time I was fairly certain I hadn't bumped the lever.... maybe? I put it back in D and went home. Will check it on tomorrow's coffee run to see if it happens again - only this time I'll try to be more awake with what the gearshift and tranny are doing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just like every m-f around 6:15 am I peek in the Garage to make sure she is still safe. Then Jump in my old 1994 Impala ss and go to work. I get Home from work, Getting ready for our week-end getaway( Cambria Ca.) Get the SS out.. Loading the SS. And the Wife tells me... Maybe we cant go....WTF... I don't get to drive my SS??? She says she needs to write a offer for her client on a 850k house. So today I really did nothing with My SS today, Well I did drive it for 10 feet or so........... Maybe Tomorrow.....

·
Registered
857 Posts
its turnover day here (all leases in this college town end on July 31 and start on August 1 so they can get the extra rent money out of the college students for two and a half months).
so my car sat in the driveway and i didnt leave the **** house because i didnt want to deal with all the newbie's in town not knowing where they are going while towing a trailer that gets used once a decade and never maintained behind them and making quick lane changes to get to wally world.

1 - 20 of 1179 Posts