Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy SS HW
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given most of the window trim kits are sold out, I plan to just vinyl wrap it. Are they black gloss, satin, or matte?

I plan to use 3M vinyl wrap, if anyone has used 2080 3M vinyl wrap what 3M vinyl paint code did you use?

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,731 Posts
Given most of the window trim kits are sold out, I plan to just vinyl wrap it. Are they black gloss, satin, or matte?

I plan to use 3M vinyl wrap, if anyone has used 2080 3M vinyl wrap what 3M vinyl paint code did you use?
The lower sections are available here. He may be able to get the upper’s, so it’s worth contacting. The wrap may not hold for long based on the narrow width; not enough surface tension. If push comes to pull, perhaps powder coating (400º) would be an option. Pricy, but still.✌

·
Registered
2016 Chevy SS HW
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the black trim is like 1k...I could get it all painted but I rather just wrap it. What color black is it?

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,731 Posts
All the black trim is like 1k...I could get it all painted but I rather just wrap it. What color black is it?
Looks like a shade of Satin, good luck with your project.
Regarding the cost of parts today, I wish I had purchased more gingerbread parts before they were essentially doubled$.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
May be my biggest regret so far with this car was not buying the whole upper/lower set from Karo back when it was like $550 or $600 shipped.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

$462 us dollars for whole upper kit…….price listed is in AU currency
here's their US site. $610 for the uppers $727 for whole kit shipped. I actually thought it had climbed higher than this. Karo was selling all 6 pieces for $525 shipped a few years ago.

·
Registered
2016 Chevy SS HW
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank, I am going to try satin 3m 2080 vinyl first. It it doesn't work out guess I have to break out 1K to do the window trims and front grill...

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just had my trim wrapped in charcoal grey metallic; looks great on my Mystic Green

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I just had my trim wrapped in charcoal grey metallic; looks great on my Mystic Green
Would you mind sharing a few photos? I don’t love love the black on black which is one reason I’ve never done it. I always thought grey trim on black might look ok.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not on the car yet:

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
281 Posts
did you do the window trim in same color?
I will be yes, front bumper is off right now so easy to drop off the parts; and I’ll go back to the guy when I’m up and running.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
It's not the popular opinion but If I had to do all over again I would not get the black Holden door reveal molding or the black Holden lower window trim. I would have had the OEM pieces painted. The black Holden trim pieces are like a rubber-type material and IMO a downgrade to the OEM SS pieces.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here’s my front wrapped trim pieces on the car. Window trim in the next couple weeks.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
2016 Chevy SS HW
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you remove the trim pieces or only the main parts when wrapping? Do you think it is possible to wrap without removing the bumper at all or will the ends just peel up?

·
Registered
281 Posts
No, left them on the main parts as I had the bumper off. At least the guy I know is very good and normally does it all on the car; so I’d assume it depends on how good the person is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts