Chevy SS Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm BLOWN !!!!!!!! WOW, the 'Silver Bullet' is a real beast. I just love that whine coming from her at idle. And even more when you give her some air. At 70 you can still hear it slightly. The job was done very professionally and on time. Looks like a factory install. The hood liner had to go because it contacts the top of the blower. The ride home was uneventful, performed flawlessly for the whole 150 miles. Traffic on 99 north was a mess. But another highlight of the trip was that I saw a car transporter heading south just south of Merced on 99. On the back end was three 2015 SS's. White, silver and black. So someones day is going to be very good today. I noticed my acceleration times from 65 to 95 was blinding quick now. It was always quick, we know that but now?? WOW. My MPG I feel has improved at 75 MPH. This is all with the stock air box but with a K&N element. Trip on way down was 19.5 MPG at 75-80. Trip home, blown, 20.6 at 75-80. I'll be putting my Roto-Fab back in today. I will have to modify the 'snorkel' as was reported by TXSS to clear the I/C tank. With a stock engine, stock exhaust, stock air box== 353.31 rwhp and 363.27 tq. With blower, stock engine, stock exhaust, stock air box==527.44 rwhp and 476.30 tq. This is on a 'Dynojet' dyno. However, I will be consulting a local tuner that has done a lot of work on LS engines to better refine the tune. In the meantime I'm going read some more posts and then go open the hood and hope no one is looking----LOL

Congrats - I got mine back today too - looks like a SS Whipple day!:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
....just because, I love twin screws!!

I mean seriously what is better than being screwed twice at the same time!!

Currently not driving an LS3, but when I do it will get FI and PLENTY of it :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
For a Whipple vendor thread, there's zero vendor activity? Have they abandoned us? I'm interested in a Whipple setup but not much to go off of here. Sure, i can go search for hours but you'd think more info would exist other than what's here now.

·
Super Moderator
14,643 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Have you checked their website?

Whipple for ChevySS
Thanks Pinetree,

And yes I browsed their site. I was just looking for more info related to install quirks, personal experiences related to performance, driveability and reliability issues if they exist. I've never thrown a S/C on a car but this is my first LS motor and they seem to have really good gains from a cost/performance perspective. I know there are alternative S/C mfg's as well but don't know all the pro's/cons.

Reactions: Pinetree

·
Registered
119 Posts
61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.