Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Manual with no roof and no spare
142 Posts
If you didn’t test the thermostat, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just replaced water pump and thermostat again.. thought the issue was fixed then next day went to go drive and within 5 blocks the coolant was up to 232... there’s no way my coolant is getting that hot in the block.. is there any way my temp sensor could be reading high? All my hoses and everything were at 150 still when I checked with a temp gun so my thermostat wouldn’t even be close to opening

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Just replaced water pump and thermostat again.. thought the issue was fixed then next day went to go drive and within 5 blocks the coolant was up to 232... there’s no way my coolant is getting that hot in the block.. is there any way my temp sensor could be reading high? All my hoses and everything were at 150 still when I checked with a temp gun so my thermostat wouldn’t even be close to opening
So you never changed or checked the temp sensor to see if it’s bad? I know your supposed to ohms test it and see what it’s at but I don’t know the values. Maybe someone can chime in. I’m sure it’s a cheap part and easily obtainable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So you never changed or checked the temp sensor to see if it’s bad? I know your supposed to ohms test it and see what it’s at but I don’t know the values. Maybe someone can chime in. I’m sure it’s a cheap part and easily obtainable.
Yes it’s a new sensor I put in a month ago

21 - 25 of 25 Posts