Chevy SS Forum banner

We are going to get the Stick!

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Slizzo 
#1 ·
On "GM Inside News" site it says Auto Week announced that the Manual will be available on the MY15 SS! The Magnetic Ride Also!

They claim that MY15 will begin this summer!!!

Sorry, i gotta get one!
I love my SS, but I will love it better with the stick and the Magnetic Ride!

#2 ·
Speculation that was posted awhile back when they said that. If you read what one of the GM corespondents said after talking with GM directly they said no stick. I highly doubt the magnetic ride either. Maybe if and when it becomes a Alpha then I would say yes. But as a Holden I have my doubts.

#4 ·
I agree with Maverick, mag ride in particular will take a fair chunk of money to implement. I don't see GM signing off on it for 2000 or 3000 cars per year. Someone in GM will have make a buisness case and prove there is a profit to be made somewhere...

#3 ·
Autoweek Magazine

02/17/2014 - Page 13

Chevrolet's hard at work on the new for '14 SS sedan's next evolution; it's expected sooner rather than later. Price and details aren't known, but big upgrades for the next LS3-powered SS are set.

Look for a manual transmission and GM's Magnetic Ride Control suspension. We hear the manual SS arrives this summer as a 2015, with a $2,000-$3,000 premium over today's automatic-only $44,470 sticker.

#20 ·
??? G8 has always been under 4000LBS. Granted, it was 3995LBS, but still under.

They dropped 20LBS with the VF, however they added a LOT of stuff on the interior. If the interiors were the same, we'd likely have seen a 100-150LBS drop.

Reactions: z51vett
#8 ·
When I bought my Firehawk in 2002 I was 50 years old. That was the most gratifying car that I had ever owned! I sold it in 2007 out of necessity, but, I was glad to get rid of it, in a way. I was doing some BAAAADDD things with that car, I may have marred my grandkids for life! My grandson want a car cabable of doing donuts!

Anyway, that being said, at 62, I'm not getting a stick shift, 'cause it would just be bad for me. Oh, I would enjoy it, but...I just can't...if I did get one....Look Out!!!

#15 ·
Tha'd be fun for a little while, you'd change your mind, though, after taking a trip on a 2 lane highway...think about it...

#17 ·
I lived in the UK for a while and drove a left hand drive car. Passing was interesting but you get used to it. Over here you could use it as a mail delivery vehicle:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.