Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It POURED here in South Florida for the first time since purchasing my 2017 SS a month ago. Got in today to run some errands and noticed both A pillars were wet. Sunroof drains appeared to be free of debris but to be safe I blew them out and poured water down them and they do indeed drain to the floor. Anything else I should be checking for?

(Pic of track just to show how clean and new everything is. Car only has 3k miles)
IMG_8309.jpg
IMG_8310.jpg
IMG_8306.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If it has had a windshield replacement,,, then my wager is that it was NOT installed and sealed properly!! Perhaps the tech did NOT properly clean out,,, ALL of the old sealant,, and prep the clean surface prior to applying a new bead!! That would be my first thought on this!!!

Good Luck!!

:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
7,169 Posts
Also keep in mind the airbags that lie within those a-pillar covers. If you attempt to do any water tests, I would disconnect the battery at the very least.

·
Premium Member
1,665 Posts
Do you hear creaking while driving

If so the windshield wasn't installed properly. Is it delaminating?

Check all the seals on the sunroof surround. But my guess is likely the windshield leaks...and I hope I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Another vote for the windshield. Although my windshield was original, it was not properly sealed at the factory. I didn't get any leaks but I did have that annoying creaking sound. Had the windshield removed and re-sealed and all has been good, zero creaking noises.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another vote for the windshield. Although my windshield was original, it was not properly sealed at the factory. I didn't get any leaks but I did have that annoying creaking sound. Had the windshield removed and re-sealed and all has been good, zero creaking noises.

Windshield not sealed factory seals have been know to come loose allowing in water and making noise

The car is very quiet at highway speed, no wind noise or creaks. Going to grab a friend this weekend and soak each area individually with a hose and try and pinpoint the issue. Hope the issue is gone now that I blew out the drains. FINGERS CROSSED.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Herbie,

have you figured this out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts