Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Instructions with my last batch of towels said to wash in HOT water. I can't see the need to use delicate setting or cold water....they are towels, not silk undies.

If this is not right, explain.

and fabric softener is taboo on regular bath towels. It greatly reduces ability to adsorb. It is an oil I think.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I haven't found the specialized microfiber wash detergents to be any great shakes. Do think I ought to put well used microfiber into a different rotation than waxing. Don

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ya know, I have been saying here that I am a Griot's Garage products purchaser. Seems that folks more prefer Adams' products, then maybe Mothers and Meguiers [sp?]. I know that Griots stuff is pricey. Just saying, that I bought a bottle of Griots' micro filter towels' cleaning solution. Haven't tried it yet. I'm sorry, so why am I wasting everyones' time? Perhaps, it is just another option?

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Best thing about Adams is their customer service and guarantee. None better.

As for powder, I’m never going to take the chance. Of course I blow dry my car too............:grin

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I use the Adams microfiber detergent. Great results. It works great just like the rest of their stuff.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Adams told me to pre soak towels in either their multi purpose cleaner, or their microfiber cleaner, in a bucket as a pre-soak. That works pretty good, as the water was quite dirty after a day or so, then I ran them through the delicate cycle with their micro fiber revitalizer. (I think that's what its called.)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Adams told me to pre soak towels in either their multi purpose cleaner, or their microfiber cleaner, in a bucket as a pre-soak. That works pretty good, as the water was quite dirty after a day or so, then I ran them through the delicate cycle with their micro fiber revitalizer. (I think that's what its called.)

I do this when they get really dirty. At the minimum I spray them with APC prior to wash.

·
Registered
2016 Mystic Green
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank You all for the great advice, I certainly have some more options now.

I have always been a bit "frugal" and don't generally throw anything out that still has purpose.

Like I posted earlier, I'll use some of the towels that are really filthy for the mowers and such.

My thoughts were to use the towels once or twice and then give them a wash to get them back to good enough condition to at least use on the rims, exhaust etc.

There are many great products out there today, I'll stick with Adams when possible because of their quality level and service.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts