Chevy SS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
715 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Has anyone tried getting an H-pipe put in place of the resonator?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks! Guess I should have put the car on the lift and looked before assuming. I'm wondering if an X-pipe would eliminate some of the popping I hear in the sound clips after this mod.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the Sugar Land area to, where did you get done.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm in the Sugar Land area to, where did you get done.
i went to Express Muffler in Rosenberg off of 90. He did good work.

what part of SL? I've only seen 1 other SS so far around here. it was a metallic green one though. it may actually have been in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Another resonator bites the dust!! Exhaust note is awesome. It now sounds like how it should've from the factory. Very happy.

Reactions: KeyWil

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes sir and battery disconnected prior to welding.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone who has deleted the resonators notice any performance gains, from the seat of the pants?
I've read where some have deleted the 2nd set of cats, there haven't been any issues with passing emissions inspections after?
One last question, does anyone know what the crackling and popping is from, first car that I have owned to do that, I've had a 454SS that produced over 400 hp and an 87 Trans Am that had over 400hp, both had cats and mufflers, they never Rice Krispied.

·
Super Moderator
13,870 Posts
It's in the tune. Can be eliminated, but recalibration also eliminates powertrain warranty and some folks report a slight decrease in MPG without the rice krispies.

·
Registered
610 Posts
So I missed this before, but just saw it this time. The 16s don't have the resonator to begin with. So once you remove the resonators on a 14 or 15, the only difference between them and a 16 is the dual mode mufflers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the Meadows, mine is a Red Hot2 with Texas - Alabama custom plates, I bring her out on Fri, Sat and Sundays. I run up and down 59 and Hwy 90.

Reactions: jkayner

·
Registered
93 Posts
Has anyone who has deleted the resonators notice any performance gains, from the seat of the pants?
I've read where some have deleted the 2nd set of cats, there haven't been any issues with passing emissions inspections after?
One last question, does anyone know what the crackling and popping is from, first car that I have owned to do that, I've had a 454SS that produced over 400 hp and an 87 Trans Am that had over 400hp, both had cats and mufflers, they never Rice Krispied.
Not much. It probably flows a little better though. The inspection places i have gone never look under the car, and they are after the O2 sensor so nothing in the computer can be seen, no errors etc. I did the exact same mod on the G8 gt, with GXP mufflers and it never popped, but the LS3 has more power.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Probably me...I live in Pecan Grove

·
Registered
32 Posts
Resonator removed....no drone. Sounds just like stock only louder. Thumbs up!
Did you ever delete the mufflers in addition to the Resonators?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts