Did you keep the same H-Pipe or have the shop fab one up?I had the secondary cats and the mid muffler removed and let me tell you that it sounds amazing...absolutely no drone whatsoever.I feel I have the best sounding SS and it only cost me 60 bucks lol.but now I'm afraid of getting headers cause I don't want the wound to change one bit...get rid of the secondary cats and mid muffler,you won't regret it
Thank you for your feedback. Do you think it's possible at all to do a quick startup and rev clip? I would greatly appreciate it!Had the resonator delete done today and oh what a difference it makes! A couple of things I've noticed:
1) It is definitely louder, but not obnoxious.
2) It got rid of some of the "tin can" frequencies that I hated. Definitely a deeper tone.
3) There is very little to no drone when cruising at 70 mph on the freeway. Actually sounds about the same as it did before.
4) The pops and crackles are more frequent now. I noticed it does it when I let off the gas in 6th gear now, which it never did before. It also does it more frequently when shifting from first to second. If you're the type that doesn't like the pops and crackles, then I wouldn't suggest doing this. Me personally, I love it.
5) I like this so much that I may not do anything more to the exhaust as far as mufflers go. It sounds exactly how I want it to sound.
Now, some of the deeper tone may be attributed to my AIRAID cold air intake that I installed, so YMMV. I had a local muffler shop weld in the 2 straight pipes and it cost me $100. And at $100, it's still a bargain compared to a catback system. So if you're looking for a little more sound and you're on a budget, give this a shot.
I did resonator delete as well....best bang for the buck.....louder, meaner , throatier, I have a Vararam intake on it....I do get drone but only at like 1200 rpm range which lasts for a second. I am also getting rattling when it dies drone, souds like passenger side muffler area, I had it checked out but everything is great....I am asuming its the muffler sound resonating in that area bouncing off the aluminum flashing surrounding muffler. Its minor and I am dealing woth it, if it annoys me i will throw in aftermarket resonators which is still sound upgrade over stock ones.