Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel confident when reversing with Reverse Traffic Alert. It intuitively scans cross traffic and warns you of an approaching motor vehicle hazard.

Disclaimer: Reverse Traffic Alert detects objects coming from up to 25metres. The Reverse Traffic Alert is only an aid and is neither intended to, not able to take over any responsibility.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great feature to have, but to avoid getting into an accident this way I always reverse park. Not a big fan of this new tech but maybe i'll buy into it.

As good as this stuff is, I think it just makes people lazy and even worse drivers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's a warning system, which is basically an alert if something is approaching. It's not like other safety systems that take over the car and stop it in case of collision. Hopefully drivers still look all around them and don't rely on a system to be their eyes entirely.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not entirely sure if I like it. It would be good in an emergency, but I can see the possibility of some drivers becoming less cautious and more reliant on the alert system.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
the system is for when you are parked next to a van or truck and can't see whats coming when you back out, i would prefer a camera, easier to judge what is coming and how fast it is moving

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not entirely sure if I like it. It would be good in an emergency, but I can see the possibility of some drivers becoming less cautious and more reliant on the alert system.
thats how i always view these systems, they are just going to make people lazy and we'll end up having even worse drivers than we currently do. have a feeling it'll take some time for people to slowly transition to using these effectively.

but with all the safety regulations going on it's almost like car makers have no choice but to include them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts