Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m finishing up the VCM install and I have one questions as the color with crayon Instruction Manual sucks; what does this push pin connect to? If makes me think I’m missing a bracket as there is nothing for this center push pin to connect to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: F150toSS

·
Registered
396 Posts
I’m finishing up the VCM install and I have one questions as the color with crayon Instruction Manual sucks; what does this push pin connect to? If makes me think I’m missing a bracket as there is nothing for this center push pin to connect to.

I was just fixing mine... the previous owner really shorted out on the process.

From others who have done it apparently there is nothing that that clips into. Just push the push pin in there for a complete and move on. Apparently the VE cars have clips there so VCM put a hole there. Our cars only have the mounting brackets on the sides.

Reactions: bourmb

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unused on ours....This link, around 12 minutes shows what it would clip into.

My suggestion - throw an extra push pin in it

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s too bad the VF didn’t have the center bracket as it would have been even more secure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Harrop unit on mine comes with a Centre bracket and makes the center hole useable.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The Harrop unit on mine comes with a Centre bracket and makes the center hole useable.
What does the center bracket look like? Where does it connect to the front bumper/grille?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its bolts onto the back side of the bolts that attach the Bonnet latch to the Rad Support. its the bracket in the middle of the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its bolts onto the back side of the bolts that attach the Bonnet latch to the Rad Support. its the bracket in the middle of the picture.
The VCM unit appears to not use the center hole

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VE or VF?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is a VF and its a VF specific OTR kit from Harrop for the 2650 Supercharger kit I have installed.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Anyone with a SS VCM: what are the two plastic washers and rubber grommet thing that came with the plastic Christmas tree nuts in the VCM package??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Per a random G8 thread - "Drain in the bottom before the filter......" I didn't install it on mine...

These align the brackets - per the video above around 6:30

1 - 13 of 13 Posts