Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking around the forum at usernames and I can't help but try to figure out some of their meanings and how they were thought of.
A few I would guess are pretty obvious. Feel free to explain yours.

LESDOIT ( my personalized plate and self explanatory ), a general term saying I'm up for it, but does not solely mean "let's race", but it does include it. :devil

Disclaimer: I don't condone street racing but am guilty of a few. :)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
My clutch foot needs something to do. The manual was the #1 priority for buying this car.

It's memorable enough. I hate commenting on someone and needing to click back or scrolling back up because I can't remember exactly how to spell their username or what numbers are in it.

Also, if i'm honest, Pandora was playing Club Foot by Kasabian when I was making an account. :blush:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I love DSM's! I have had DSM's in my life for a couple decades. I have had some pretty quick DSM's. They were a heck of a good platform.
I still have a DSM, it just dosent get used anymore. It needs to find a new home.
Anyone want a 550ish awhp 2800lb car for 6k? It's only 28 years old! It's a pretty mild setup.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond-Star_Motors

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Mine is the acronym for the Southeastern Michigan Association of Neonatal Nurses... Except that I've never even heard of that hahaha.

Letter of first name and last name haha. People called me smann a lot in highschool.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a Cane Corso dog, as well as a Z06, thus 'CorsoZ06'. :)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I was first called Spaz in Year 7 of school... partly a derivative of my last name, mainly because... well... please look away if you're a PC person... mainly because I'm a bit of a Spastic! Remember when you could call people that? Anywho's, it became my username online. Back in 1989 or 1990, I was Spaz on IRC (Internet Relay Chat).. the first one, as far as I know. Which makes me the first "Spaz" on the internet.

I'm just glad I wasn't born a few years later.. because instead of Spaz, they would have called me something like 'Tard

No complaints... I told you PC people to look away. Not my fault if you don't read warning labels.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
LESDOIT - great thread starter!

I figured I'd be one of the very few SS owners in the great flyover state of Nebraska. I believe the only others on this forum that I've seen are "dohc8" and "NE17SS". I'm sure some others will pop out of the woodwork over time. I have yet to run into another SS in Omaha though (population about 500,000).

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Willy92.

Willy is probably obvious, my name is William as was my dad, but most people called him Willy.

92 was derived from the number 292 taped to my car during my first SCCA driving school. After I got my Racing License I was asked if I wanted a permanent number. I chose 92. Hence Willy92.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I always liked the Phantom Stranger comic book charater, so when I ended up with a Phantom Black Metallic SS, I decided to go with Phantom (Black) Stranger since I was a stranger to the board and don't participate much in the whole "scene" in terms of in-person meetups. I did meet a few members at Pavilions in Scottsdale a while back but haven't done any other events.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Cool thread

2016 Phantom Black (metallic) 6-spd Manual Transmission -- for anyone who couldn't figure that out :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I used to use the same username across all forums that I used and realized it was becoming too easy to piece together a decent online profile of me by cross referencing the username (I'm not on FB, twitter, Instagram, etc for good reason). So I stopped doing that and decided to just use something simple and obvious that related to the SS.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
"SlingShot" been using it since the early 70's. Started when I got my first CB radio, then kept using it when Wildcat BBS came out then onto AOL. Don't use AOL any longer (wife still does) then used it for online gaming and car forums. Guess I've been using it for over 40 years now, how time flies.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Had a 2010 2SS/RS Transformers Edition "Bumblebee" Camaro...hence Drone.

Not because we shot down Drone Targets with Directed Energy weapons in my prior Career.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm quoting everyone: ( easiest way to do it ) lol

WOW I never would have guessed any of these so far. Very Interesting!
I have had LESDOIT plate since 1991 on my Z28 in Louisiana and now in Florida on my 68 Camaro SS 396/402 Vert and now the SS.

Thanks so far everyone. :thumbsUp:

·
Registered
154 Posts
My username has no explanation at all. Just like the color crimson and put the number 26 after it. Have been asked if related to Bama somehow but nope. :grin

crim·son
ˈkrimzən
adjective
1. of a rich deep red color inclining to purple

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Well I'm from Houston, born and raised, been here all my life. So I'm a native Houstonian. Hence NativH.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 192 Posts