21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,024 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Each side has its own end link. Don't discount the possibility of both end links being gone at the same time. They are likely the same age, from the same manufacturing lot.

Unlabeled part 16 is your baby.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...ne/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

Thanks for this link!Very helpful.

So if I end up needing two "Part 16s" from your diagram (one for each side of the car), but they're unlabeled...where and how do I go about finding somewhere to purchase them? Are they not sold on their own? That diagram doesn't seem to give a part number.

·
Registered
569 Posts
My guess is, the folks whose link I attached, GMParts Direct, would be ready, willing, and able to assist with ensuring you get the correct parts (and whatever hardware they may recommend).

I've bought stuff from them and have been satisfied 100%. Not sure if I found the company from this forum, or with an on-line search for parts for the SS.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Stabilizer Link - GM (92253276)
for the link. I have developed this horrible noise.
I have eliminated every rattle but the one I am
looking for. Checking the link would be easy
enough. Any tips on checking top strut mount
without disassembly?

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Well bringing in links and upper strut mounts, for insurance...
Raised car up removed wheel. Tapped everywhere and no movement anywhere. Cranked
wheel over in both directions, still noting. Started checking hardware that was disturbed
for steering recall. Noticed the drivers side boot fallen off and maybe rust in grease at inner
tie rod.. I jerked, pulled, thumped nothing! This may get as fun as brake squeal.
At this point, I made an appointment on Tuesday to get her up on a rack to get a better
look.
I hope later putting this here may spare someone else some grief.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Yeah! Just driver side end link. Very good timing though, the boot on steering rack fell off.
I really thought I was lucky with recall work. NOT!!!

Reactions: SiscoC

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Finally got around to fixing the dreaded front end rattle I’ve had for over a year.

I replaced both front sway bar end links today, and it 100% fixed my issue. Thanks to all of you who told me that was likely my issue. I bought the cheap Whiteline NON-heavy duty end links from SSOnly.com. Seems like a quality product. Especially for $56 for the pair.

It was a pretty easy job. Here’s a couple tips for noobs like me:

1) Make sure BOTH front tires are jacked up off the ground. If you only have one front tire jacked up and removed, the weight of the car on the other front tire will have your end links in a bind on both sides. That one took some choice words to figure out.

2) Use an impact driver (and WD-40) for removing the old nuts on the old end links...and be sure and have a swivel bit for the bottom one. There’s not enough room to get directly at it with a full size impact driver, so I had to use an end wrench...also note that when using a wrench instead of an impact driver, you have to hold the nut on the backside under the rubber boot with a 17mm wrench. Long story short...impact driver and swivel bit will save you tons of time and effort.

Thanks again for all of you who reached out and helped me. It’s so much more enjoyable to drive now.

I also installed 20mm hub-centric spacers all around, rolled my rear fenders, had my secondary cats deleted, and am throwing on my Roto-Fab intake and getting my Eibachs installed and a dyno tune next week. It’s about to feel like a whole new car! :)

Cheers everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
So bumping this thread because not sure which other one to bump. I had the nasty clunking/rattling coming from my front end while driving over bumpy side streets. Figured it was probably the strut bushings, but found on here that the end links were more likely. Ordered and installed the adjustable heavy duty Whiteline version and installed fairly easily. Clunk/rattle gone...for a few weeks. Came back worse than ever so I assumed the end links had loosened up. Took the wheels off to check everything and all looks good and tight. Clunk/rattle remains. Any ideas? My thought is probably sway bar bushings, but I haven't inspected them. It also seems as though there are no aftermarket solutions and the OEM bushings are not available unless an entire sway bar kit is ordered (really!?). So what are my options here? Am I really going to have to order a sway bar to fix this...assuming it's even the bushings? Surely others have solved this problem since it seems to be pretty common.

Car is a 2015 with stock suspension other than the Whiteline end links. 55K miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2014 has a creaking suspension noise coming from the front end. I replaced the two stabilizer bar end links yesterday but it didn’t fix the problem. They are from Duralast which were the only ones I could find locally. Maybe not the highest quality but I wouldn’t expect them to be creaking immediately after installation.

Anyway my point is the creaking suspension noise is still there. Very frustrating. I will ask my local shop to take a look when I take it in next time.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts