1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Here’s the hose I currently have on my SS, without the T.

Part # 22962571
2015 ZL1, CSS,

Upper Radiator Hose (Inlet) for
2012-2015 Camaro - 22962571 $25.99
This radiator hose for the 2012+ Chevrolet Camaro takes the place of the T-style upper radiator hose on the 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro. This part is required to deleting the factory water to oil cooler on the 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro.
Upper Radiator Hose (Inlet) for 2012-2015 Camaro - 22962571
The part number is an AC Delco number.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Part # 22962571
2015 ZL1, CSS,

This radiator hose for the 2012+ Chevrolet Camaro takes the place of the T-style upper radiator hose on the 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro. This part is required to deleting the factory water to oil cooler on the 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro.
If the g8 one isn’t a match I’ll try that one. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Part # 22962571
2015 ZL1, CSS,

Ordered the hose in rock

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
A hose sleeve, something to consider:
You posted that the G8 hose is too wide. You may still use it for a “hose sleeve” to protect the hose you ordered from Rock.
To make a sleeve for my hose, I bought an extra hose from the local auto parts store that was purposely too wide/too large (by only one size) then I cut it to size and sprayed soapy-water... and used it as an upper radiator hose sleeve/protector.

The pics below will explain more.
The pics are put in order to help make better sense of what I did to fit the 22962571 upper hose that goes under the Roto-Fab CAI and the Mass Air flow Sensor (MAF), simply for added protection from rubbing, if any should occur.

Pics:
1) The SS OEM hose showing the T-hose still in place from factory.
2) Test fitting the NEW hose (#22962571) before testing it under the Roto-Fab/MAF.
3) Shows both hoses side by side. Note the slight difference but not enough to matter much.
4) Pic #4 is the SS OEM hose with the Roto-Fab in place. Note how close the OEM hose is to the MAF.
5) Pic #5 is the NEW hose #22962571 test fitting closeness to MAF.
6) Pic #6 is the solution to the hose being close to the MAF, and what I did about it. I used Silicone Rescue Tape with Resists 500F, 950 PSI Tensile Strength...
7) Pics #7, 8, 9, and 10 shows the benefit and results of using a sleeve over the SS upper radiator hose.

Closing Comments:
I didn’t use the rescue tape for all the reasons it was made, I only used it to keep water and dirt from getting between the hose and sleeve.
However, I have used this tape on many things before, mostly because it is self-fusing, permanent seal, waterproof...read the label.

Can the new hose be used without using a hose sleeve over it?
Probably yes because the SS OEM upper hose sits just as close to the MAF when used with a Roto-Fab.

But I figured I should use a hose sleeve because the SS upper radiator hose goes under the MAF and could rub while the engine torques upwards, and could likely cause the hose to touch/rub the MAF, not to mention my slight OCD:).
Lastly, and because I didn’t want to take any chances with a daily driver.
Anyway, I said brief, so I’ll stop here.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Automotive super charger part
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive air manifold
Bicycle part Composite material Auto part Pipe Metal
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design
Automotive tire Tire Audio equipment Automotive wheel system Gas
Water Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber
Bicycle part Rim Bumper Auto part Pipe
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive fuel system
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A hose sleeve, something to consider:
You posted that the G8 hose is too wide. You may still use it for a “hose sleeve” to protect the hose you ordered from Rock.
To make a sleeve for my hose, I bought an extra hose from the local auto parts store that was purposely too wide/too large (by only one size) then I cut it to size and sprayed soapy-water... and used it as an upper radiator hose sleeve/protector.

The pics below will explain more.
The pics are put in order to help make better sense of what I did to fit the 22962571 upper hose that goes under the Roto-Fab CAI and the Mass Air flow Sensor (MAF), simply for added protection from rubbing, if any should occur.

Pics:
1) The SS OEM hose showing the T-hose still in place from factory.
2) Test fitting the NEW hose (#22962571) before testing it under the Roto-Fab/MAF.
3) Shows both hoses side by side. Note the slight difference but not enough to matter much.
4) Pic #4 is the SS OEM hose with the Roto-Fab in place. Note how close the OEM hose is to the MAF.
5) Pic #5 is the NEW hose #22962571 test fitting closeness to MAF.
6) Pic #6 is the solution to the hose being close to the MAF, and what I did about it. I used Silicone Rescue Tape with Resists 500F, 950 PSI Tensile Strength...
7) Pics #7, 8, 9, and 10 shows the benefit and results of using a sleeve over the SS upper radiator hose.

Closing Comments:
I didn’t use the rescue tape for all the reasons it was made, I only used it to keep water and dirt from getting between the hose and sleeve.
However, I have used this tape on many things before, mostly because it is self-fusing, permanent seal, waterproof...read the label.

Can the new hose be used without using a hose sleeve over it?
Probably yes because the SS OEM upper hose sits just as close to the MAF when used with a Roto-Fab.

But I figured I should use a hose sleeve because the SS upper radiator hose goes under the MAF and could rub while the engine torques upwards, and could likely cause the hose to touch/rub the MAF, not to mention my slight OCD:).
Lastly, and because I didn’t want to take any chances with a daily driver.
Anyway, I said brief, so I’ll stop here.
View attachment 293978 View attachment 293979 View attachment 293980 View attachment 293981 View attachment 293982 View attachment 293983 View attachment 293984 View attachment 293985 View attachment 293986
That’s a well nice write up and should prolly be stickied if it hasn’t already.

the g8 one was returned. That one definitely looked more promising. It’ll be here tomorrow. I have a zl1 4” new era intake so I hope I don’t run into issue with that since it’s meant for a zl1

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Why remove the factory oil cooler/warmer? Are you going with a larger external air radiator for oil?
I asked the same. He has a different block in it without provisions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts