Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought others may like to see what the SS looks from underneath. I snapped these with my phone while the exhaust tips were being done.

This is the rear obviously with the OE tips still in place.

This is the differential forward. Good view of the Cat's and passenger foot well area.

Motor and trans from left (drivers) side. That bright blue thing is the oil filter :)

Engine from front of car. Note location of the oval slots for J hooks if you ever need to be towed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bummer. Was hoping the SS came with a skid plate and aero kit that I could order for the G8 through GM stateside

·
Premium Member
14,390 Posts
Note location of the oval slots for J hooks if you ever need to be towed.
Excellent pics. I am going to take a bunch when I go for service soon.

I'm obsessive compulsive about details so take this the right way 'cause it matters:

There are 2 oval-shaped slots (1)
under the front of the vehicle that
should be used to move a disabled
vehicle. Use only these slots to
hook to the vehicle. The slots can
be accessed through the splash
shield. Use an appropriate size T
hook for the slot.

Also as a reminder or for those who never read that thing in the plastic bag...

Incorrectly towing a disabled vehicle may cause damage. The damage would not be covered by the vehicle warranty. Do not lash or hook to the chassis components — including the front and rear subframes, suspension control arms, and links — during towing and recovery of a disabled vehicle, or when securing the vehicle. Use the proper nylon strap harnesses around the tires to secure the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point - thanks for the corrections !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Excellent pics. I am going to take a bunch when I go for service soon.

I'm obsessive compulsive about details so take this the right way 'cause it matters:

There are 2 oval-shaped slots (1)
under the front of the vehicle that
should be used to move a disabled
vehicle. Use only these slots to
hook to the vehicle. The slots can
be accessed through the splash
shield. Use an appropriate size T
hook for the slot.

Also as a reminder or for those who never read that thing in the plastic bag...

Incorrectly towing a disabled vehicle may cause damage. The damage would not be covered by the vehicle warranty. Do not lash or hook to the chassis components — including the front and rear subframes, suspension control arms, and links — during towing and recovery of a disabled vehicle, or when securing the vehicle. Use the proper nylon strap harnesses around the tires to secure the vehicle.
Good point - thanks for the corrections !
Where should you hook when securing the rear?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, but where is the best place to hook on to the rear when securing on a trailer?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, but where is the best place to hook on to the rear when securing on a trailer?
You should use proper nylon straps around the tires to secure the front and rear... never use chains, hooks, or any other method of securing a vehicle to any parts of suspension, axles, etc... ONLY nylon straps secured around the tires

Reactions: CB750
1 - 12 of 12 Posts