Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a OEM or aftermarket undercarriage shield that protects from water and salt spray from corroding the engine/parts?

·
Super Moderator
7,871 Posts
A very delayed and belated welcome to the forum @amatt09 . While I'm not familiar with any for the SS, many make service difficult and actually hold in moisture. I'd suggest a once a week touchless car wash with an under body blaster through the winter. Give it a good coat of wax before and after the season.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
I think only 1 came over to the states. That came up when I first joined the forum.

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Australia, the last VE Commodores had the undercarriage shields for aerodynamic purposes. I believe that some early VF cars had them. The last VF Commodores on the production line had them as well, probably to look good for the cameras. I fitted them to my VF2. Have a look at the thread below. It is long but has part numbers. In the first post, run the video as there are views underneath whilst on the assembly line. You may still be able to find a shield for under the engine as they may have been fitted to your Chevrolet pursuit car but the other pieces are probably only available from the wreckers(part out).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts