Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I installed some Kooks headers and mid-pipe to the stock bi-mode exhaust. . Unfortunately my Granatelli K member brace and tunnel brace no longer fit. Spacing the Granatelli tunnel brace is not an option being 2.5 inches tall it was already scrapping occasionally. I was reading suspension archive articles on the Camero forum and I found a low profile tunnel brace for the 5th gen. I ordered one and love it ($89) from HALO supercars. Of course I could of put the stock brace with washers as spacers but this is much nicer. Just thought I'd share.

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
I like it. I removed mine altogether. May give this a shot.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I requested that Livernois install the BMR tunnel brace on mine and it fits up well with the Kooks and just ahead of the Borla bullet mufflers/resonators.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it

I requested that Livernois install the BMR tunnel brace on mine and it fits up well with the Kooks and just ahead of the Borla bullet mufflers/resonators.
I like BMR suspension parts. I see you used some spacers but your still not giving up to much ground clearance. The Granatelli tunnel brace has about the same space as the BMR from the mid pipe about a .25 inch but the total height is much taller with matererial wanting to scrap speed bumps or whatever. If I had not found this HALO brace I would of bought the BMR piece for sure. I'm waiting to hear back from TC at BMR reguarding the fitment for the sub frame connectors on the 2017 SS. They're testing the Livernois pieces developed to allow BMR sub frame to fit properly. I wish I lived close enough to Livernois to have them work on my car.:goodjob:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
When installing these systems try clocking the front pipes to get the system up in the tunnel as high as possible can help.

If that doesn’t work don’t cut corners rather cut the pipes to get the clearance and weld back together. I had to do just that when I installed a 3” Xforce Varex system. Do it right or don’t do it.

It sux that aftermarket companies don’t take the time to engineer their products to fit correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
14,415 Posts
When installing these systems try clocking the front pipes to get the system up in the tunnel as high as possible can help.

If that doesn’t work don’t cut corners rather cut the pipes to get the clearance and weld back together. I had to do just that when I installed a 3” Xforce Varex system. Do it right or don’t do it.

It sux that aftermarket companies don’t take the time to engineer their products to fit correctly.

:3tens:

X2

Reactions: RedhotFLSS

·
Premium Member
14,415 Posts

Are those hoses hanging down in the the front in the last pic ???

Not feelin' 'em if they are.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Are those hoses hanging down in the the front in the last pic ???

Not feelin' 'em if they are.

These? If so they are the front sway bars. 2013 PPV

Reactions: pir4te01

·
Premium Member
14,415 Posts

These? If so they are the front sway bars. 2013 PPV

yes.

OK got it now! :wink

·
Registered
652 Posts
Reactions: 2016Machine

·
Premium Member
14,415 Posts
What does GM think about someone doubling their motors manufactured rated horsepower? Is that also unsafe?
Easy answer SA:

Blocked powertrain/emissions system(s) warranties !!!

You failed.

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
It would appear that there may be washers involved in helping the BMR tunnel brace clear your exhaust system. I can't speak to that being good or bad, just thought it something to note.

Reactions: CB750

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
It would appear that there may be washers involved in helping the BMR tunnel brace clear your exhaust system. I can't speak to that being good or bad, just thought it something to note.
Yep. And my OBM goes in to PowerFab on Tuesday for the same exhaust system but without putting in the BMR tunnelbrace. Can't wait to see how they clear the original tunnelbrace. But they do have "Fab" in their name and talk about their capabilities.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yep. And my OBM goes in to PowerFab on Tuesday for the same exhaust system but without putting in the BMR tunnelbrace. Can't wait to see how they clear the original tunnelbrace. But they do have "Fab" in their name and talk about their capabilities.
Did you specify that you want it on? They might leave it off if you don’t say anything.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Did you specify that you want it on? They might leave it off if you don’t say anything.
It never came up but I will let them know. That is integral to the crashworthness of the car.

·
Supporting Vendor
561 Posts
for test fitting purposes we did, we actually ended up making billet spacers for it before it left, but it's very quick to figure out thickness by stacking the washers, and then going with the end thickness :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like it. I removed mine altogether. May give this a shot.
I see this is an old post, But I haven’t replaced mine since installing the kooks 3” system. Did you get the Halo tunnel brace? Or stay brace-less lol. Let me know if it worked for you. I’d hate to drop $90 and not have it fit.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts