Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Capjacs, I have a 2014 SS, purchased new and now has 21,000 miles on it. In December, 2015 I gave in to the mod pressure just to make my car run more efficiently. I put on the Roto-Fab CAI and Livernois Motorsports, 93 Octane, Aggressive Tune. At that time my car had 5,000 miles on it. Installation of both was very easy (following the install instructions meticulously.)
With both of those "bolt on" minor mods I could not be happier. My car runs great with no issues at all.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wanting to do a tune on my 14 ss, only mods are rotofab intake and cat delete as of now. have purchased the hp tuner as well. any assistance would be appreciated.
Are you saying you're going to tune the car yourself using HPTuners? Do you have experience using programs like that? Using HPTuners incorrectly can cause serious damage and leave the car inoperable.

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
I think you can get remote tune with hptuners as well. If you have no experience I recommend you consider that option. And welcome aboard...!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hello new guy,
Use a pro first! There are many Tuners and some real good proven calibrations (canned) to make your car perform better and be much more exciting to drive.
I'm not going to try and influence your choices. Just don't get started with a company that you may not want to be stuck with as you advance. Even if you do, you can always start over. But with the HP Tuners equipment, consider leaving your options open.
If you plan on tuning yourself take the time and money to learn how first. And practice on another less important vehicle if you can.
In the meantime, buy a tune from a well referenced source that allows you to review and eventually change or remove yourself. That's why you bought HP stuff. Yes?
Don't waste time starting from scratch. Even if you plan on going alone, buy a reliable calibration that you can work with. That way you will have a base "stock" tune and a "first" modified cal.
Keep your options open. Do some research and post your findings.
Welcome aboard! Send a PM if you want some insider trial by error advice.
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts