Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into possibly getting a tune for my car, mainly for the transmission changes, but a few extra HP and MPG would be nice. All I have now is a rotofab.
I know I am pretty close to RCR, but I want the ability to return to stock easily if needed, so the handheld from Livernois and AutoCal from Pat G should work better for me. I had a Pat G tune on my G8 and liked it, plus the new owner of my G8 is giving the autocal back to me since he got a dynotune locally. I haven't found much info on his SS tunes so I was hoping to hear from anyone who has one on their SS.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You may want to speak with Kelly at PCM in Mooresville NC. They're doing my tune in April and have done quite a few LS3 tunes for those on this forum, all with what appears to be great success.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I know PCM is good but I'd like to be able to go back to stock when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
IMO, stay FAR away from PCMofNC for tuning. Coming from the tbss world everything but their tuning is awesome! They had 34* of timing in a buddies tbss and none of their trucks at our yearly nats run good. They sent an email tune for a tbss that I put their own cam in and when we had it touched up the tuner couldn't believe it even ran with their tune

Don't think you can go wrong with Pat G or RCR

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are we allowed to vote? :)

Haha. You're up there for sure. But the lower cost since I have the autocal already and previous experience with Pat weigh heavily. I've seen many reviews of your tune, just mainly looking for reviews on Pat's SS tune and if it's as good as his G8 tune.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've heard that rick guy is pretty good...

Reactions: speedrye

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard that rick guy is pretty good...

Absolutely. I've read he's really backed up and it's hard to find the time to have a day off to get to him. But definitely considering him.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I'm in "the middle" of a Pat G tune. I hafta finish once I install the engine. I can say the part throttle was like night and day from the previous tune. Logging and emailing back and forth is time consuming but he won't stop until I'm satisfied:)

Reactions: Mark 5 and jasonvt

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in "the middle" of a Pat G tune. I hafta finish once I install the engine. I can say the part throttle was like night and day from the previous tune. Logging and emailing back and forth is time consuming but he won't stop until I'm satisfied:)

Keep me updated! I definitely miss the g8 trans tune

·
Registered
207 Posts
Absolutely. I've read he's really backed up and it's hard to find the time to have a day off to get to him. But definitely considering him.

Dude if you are in NC its not a question.. I drive 9 hours to hope mills a few times a year..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jasonvt

·
Registered
2,822 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
I had Pat G retune my air raid/whipple/no cats/header/meth/ZL1 converter/LS9 SS all via emails and he was able to remove some of the fuel smell I had at idle as well as get the transmission to behave properly. Very happy with his work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I plan on getting HPtuners at some point because I enjoy tuning. I like the idea of getting a tune from a credible vendor and then modifying it as I see fit. PCM of NC does this. I think Livernois you can't access it? But I might be wrong on that. What about RCR and Pat G? Can a HPTuners user modify the file they send? Or just upload it?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I plan on getting HPtuners at some point because I enjoy tuning. I like the idea of getting a tune from a credible vendor and then modifying it as I see fit. PCM of NC does this. I think Livernois you can't access it? But I might be wrong on that. What about RCR and Pat G? Can a HPTuners user modify the file they send? Or just upload it?

With HPTuners you can modify any unlocked tunes you get from tuners. Just because you can doesn't mean you should though.

·
Supporting Vendor
561 Posts
With HPTuners you can modify any unlocked tunes you get from tuners. Just because you can doesn't mean you should though.
Full disclosure, while we don't lock our tunes, our proprietary software changes do make it so 3rd party suites cannot work with it. Think of it how HPT and EFILive have custom OS's. If you use an HPT OS you can't tune it with EFI. Plus, we view it like this. Our tune isn't a one and done thing. When buying our tuning, you are also getting our retuning services included. Tweaks to that tune, and updates to supported modification paths are included with the purchase, so there's never a need for self, or local tuning unless it's something not supported. And then, to be completely honest, using the tune for a jump off point would likely be a waste anyways as we support a good bit of upgrades for these cars.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Another vote for Pat G.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Say- does Pat G send the tune on HP Tuners?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts