Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Im planning servicing my automatic transmission with a fluid change.
Have anyone did a self service on their SS tranny? If so how did you go about it? Or should i go to a dealership ?

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @ReverseFlash !!

Advanced search can be your friend, up in here!! There is enough information and commentary on this topic to cause Dyslexia!!! Not knowing what your technical skill level is or what tools and facilities are,, or not,,, at your disposal,,,, I will advise you to proceed very carefully,, but do that due diligence thing first!!!

Good Luck!!

ES

·
Registered
RotoFab & LMS 93 aggressive + tune|resonator delete|275/35 square set up
194 Posts
I used to do my own trans fluid changes way back when but I take it to my dealer for that now just for the convenience, the records, and the price, which is comparable to doing it on your own. Especially if your dealer runs $109.99 specials or whatever. By the time you buy the fluid, gasket, and filter you’ll be within a few bucks of their price . Same for brake fluid and cooling system flushes.

However, I do my own differential fluid and brake pad changes because they price those too high for how quick they are IMO.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This post helped me when I changed me fluid, lots of good info. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to do my own trans fluid changes way back when but I take it to my dealer for that now just for the convenience, the records, and the price, which is comparable to doing it on your own. Especially if your dealer runs $109.99 specials or whatever. By the time you buy the fluid, gasket, and filter you’ll be within a few bucks of their price . Same for brake fluid and cooling system flushes.

However, I do my own differential fluid and brake pad changes because they price those too high for how quick they are IMO.
Thanks for the quick response. thats great info i appreciate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thank you. Good looking out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts