Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
You are probably right, but I do know shipping from Australia is incredibly expensive

On most calculators you don't need an exact address and I suspect the rates don't vary much from different Australian cities. i.e. It will give you a good idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You are probably right, but I do know shipping from Australia is incredibly expensive

On most calculators you don't need an exact address and I suspect the rates don't vary much from different Australian cities. i.e. It will give you a good idea.
I honestly care more about when instead of how much at this point, now that I know the part number I’m not above flying down grabbing a couple of other parts and putting them on my carry on

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
If the shipping from down under is anything like it is from Singapore/Hong Kong, you are probably looking at a month.

I was told that because they are so few commercial airliners flying at the moment they is a big shortage of air cargo capacity and thus mail that would normally be placed on airliners has been sent by boat.

Hopefully, someone can be more specific.

·
Registered
2011 9C3 Caprice
10 Posts
Prior to Fedge digging up this info, I ordered a manual trans crossmember from Australia (photo analysis and a lot of hand-waving says the manual trans crossmember is close in mounting location to the 6L90 crossmember, but would require significant trimming to fit). Shipping for that crossmember was $50 USD, and will probably take 4-6 weeks.

If you’re in a huge time crunch, a ZL1 Camaro crossmember is narrower than a G8/PPV/SS crossmember, so some sort of small adapter brackets can likely be welded up to make one fit in an SS. There’s also a guy on the G8board who makes 4L80 conversion crossmembers. An extra plate can be welded to the front of that crossmember to interface with the 6L90 mounting location (photo attached).

47F36CC1-8475-47DB-95E8-70FDE2F1F39A.jpeg

I’m more than happy to wait for a factory crossmember to show up.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts