Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a transmission crossmember that would support a 6L90e, I believe some of the Aussie cars came with 6L90’s

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am no expert...

I am almost positive the cross member is the same. I do know it is more common to upgrade the internals of the 80 with 90 parts than it is to do a complete swap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am no expert...

I am almost positive the cross member is the same. I do know it is more common to upgrade the internals of the 80 with 90 parts than it is to do a complete swap.
I don’t have the original one so either way I need a crossmember, I know the crossmembers in the trucks are different with 6L80 and 6L90 trans missions I would have to assume the same with cars.... I’m building a roller, my combination already has a 6L90e bolted up

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The crossmember isn’t the same and they sell one in Australia - I’ll try to find the link if you don’t beat me to it. I was gonna do the swap before I ended up building my 6L80, met a guy who did the swap and he modified his stock crossmember.

Reactions: JayJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The crossmember isn’t the same and they sell one in Australia - I’ll try to find the link if you don’t beat me to it. I was gonna do the swap before I ended up building my 6L80, met a guy who did the swap and he modified his stock crossmember.
I don’t have the stock crossmember

·
Registered
2011 9C3 Caprice
10 Posts
Is there a Holden part number for this piece, or is it one of those unobtanium HSV specialty parts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure of the part number, never seen one in person just know by the build sheet that car has the crossmember I need, I hear if it wasn’t from coronavirus having the international shipping screwed up it’s wouldn’t be hard to get from the Assuie guys, almost to the point of just going to a race shop and having one fab’d up

·
Registered
2011 9C3 Caprice
10 Posts
I’d love to see a photo of it. Looking at the Camaro parts, the Camaro SS manual and ZL1 auto trans crossmembers look very similar. I wonder if a GXP or SS Sedan manual crossmember could be made to work with some trimming.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

Couldn’t copy/paste but there ya go

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
So I looked and can’t seem to find it. Trying to get a bead on a site

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Just waiting to hear back from Australia - it’s around dawn there now

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Ok so they said I can order from them in Australia - I can order it than you can just get it from me. Sound like a plan? Maybe I’ll order two so that I have one on deck

Reactions: Buffaloheron15

·
Registered
2011 9C3 Caprice
10 Posts
Count me in for one.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
It will be more than the cost of the crossmember. (Probably at least double)

Most of the major shipping companies have on-line shipping calculators. e.g.:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any idea on shipping? Or how long this is going to take to get(international shipping)
shipping calculators require you To know the orgin, I do quite a bit of international shipping, shipping should be no where near $200 for a 8lb piece

1 - 20 of 24 Posts