Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tracked the daily for the first time at ACS yesterday during Bimmerfest yesterday. The goal was to go sub 2, wasn't expecting a 1:54.84! This car is awesome #dualpurpose

Mods:

Eibach lowering springs
RBF 600 Brake Fluid

Square wheel/tire set up:

18x9.5 +35 Apex FL-5 wrapped in 275/40 Nexen Sur4g

Alignment done by Chewerks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,471 Posts
@rental_car, I'm curious how that compared to the others in the group, and what kind of feedback you got from them as well as track officials.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Tracked the daily for the first time at ACS yesterday during Bimmerfest yesterday. The goal was to go sub 2, wasn't expecting a 1:54.84! This car is awesome #dualpurpose
Awesome, very impressive.

Hopefully you made a few Beemer owners cry.....:devil:grin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@rental_car, I'm curious how that compared to the others in the group, and what kind of feedback you got from them as well as track officials.

People were definitely very surprised at how well the car did, including me. Also to give you somewhat of a comparison, my buddy who is a fellow S2k driver and instructor tracked his bone stock Stinger a couple weeks back and did a 1:59.75. I guess he boiled his brake fluid the first lap lol, this track is very high speed and demanding on brakes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sooooo I tracked my car again at my home away from home, Buttownwillow running CW13. Once again the performance of this 4000lb sedan blew me away. Fastest lap of the day was a 2:00.53 with a passenger and warm weather! Car is easily capable of going sub 2 with better conditions :)

Mods so far are:
RotoFab Intake
Solo Mach Shorty Cat back
Custom Tune by Church
Eiback springs
Square Apex FL-5s wrapped in Nexen 275/40 Sur4g
Alignment by Chewerks

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been wondering how FL-5's look on our cars, wish there was a 19".

Cool to see another local hitting the track. Haven't taken my car to Buttonwillow yet, maybe I'll see you there next time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been wondering how FL-5's look on our cars, wish there was a 19".

Cool to see another local hitting the track. Haven't taken my car to Buttonwillow yet, maybe I'll see you there next time.

Would be awesome to see another SS out there, do you have an IG handle?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tracked the SS in its same form this last weekend at Streets of Willow. Once again the SS performed and I ended up with a 1:24×× running CW. Had a couple issues, one being very high oil temps ~280*F and my roto fab intake tube kept poping out of the throttle body coupler. Looks like I'll have to install an external oil cooler and address the intake situation. Oh and also need to figure out how to get more front and rear camber cause shes eats the outside of tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts